Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Tire Pressure System Failure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tire Pressure System Failure

Tire Pressure System Failure Warning. The tie pressure system set a warning like I have low tire pressure but all 4 tires are t reading anything and have proper tire pressure? Any one have this happen and have any ideas as to what is wrong. I was thinking I’d just take the car to a tire place and have them replace the valve stems and sensors.
    2009 G8 GT
    1985 Buick Grand National w/87 drivetrain

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

If one sensor dies, the whole thing kinda stops working. It's not the most user friendly thing, because then you need an OBD scanner that does TPMS to tell you which one. Or maybe a TPMS battery scanner like this might tell you.

https://www.amazon.com/Autokcan-Rele...a-824413969640
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

AND... once you are at the point where one of the sensor's (battery) has failed, it is only a matter of time before the other 3 follow suit. I was in the same situation a little while back.
    2009.1 G8 GT MSM, Sport & Premium
    Creature Comfort:
    19" spare & Pace jack kit, autodim mirror, visor light mod, pass seat slider fix, subwoofer mod, Homelink visor (by Snakey),
    XM & OnStar out/CoStar BLUESTAR in

Show:
    debadged except GM chicklets, custom GXP front fascia, GXP rear diffuser, Holden Center Caps

Go/Whoa:
    VMS ECM/TCM tune, Vararam, HSRK, ARH 1-3/4" LTH, HFCs into stock mufflers, Mobil 1, Pedders Street 1 kit, front Brembo's, PPV struts & shocks

[U] Stuff waiting patiently for installation [U]
    LSA Supercharger (base), Rear PPV shocks, Rear Brembo's, Russell rear brake lines, Staggered Camaro 20's with Holden centers, Morimoto HID's, wireless Aux input for tunes off of the cell phone.

PB: 13.468 @104.4 tune & Vararam

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=J Wikoff;626140]If one sensor dies, the whole thing kinda stops working. It's not the most user friendly thing, because then you need an OBD scanner that does TPMS to tell you which one. Or maybe a TPMS battery scanner like this might tell you.

Exactly!! One will be out but will show all 4 not working. ]
    I agree on the OBD sensor. I purchased this a few years ago. It was 6.99 on Amazon. Saves you a headache

Quote Originally Posted by 52WASP View Post
    AND... once you are at the point where one of the sensor's (battery) has failed, it is only a matter of time before the other 3 follow suit. I was in the same situation a little while back.
    I agree. once one goes the others follow suit. I learned from experience years ago.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to replace one a couple years ago. The other three are still working fine. It's cheap enough to replace one at a time as needed. And it's not like you can't drive the car while one or more are dead.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com