Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for sub recommendations on stock amp

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

You use all 4 terminals of a DVC subwoofer. Connect the + wire to both plus terminals and the - wire to both negative terminals. Do the same for the other sub and 2nd set of wires.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Junior Member SpeedDemon G8 GXP's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    You use all 4 terminals of a DVC subwoofer. Connect the + wire to both plus terminals and the - wire to both negative terminals. Do the same for the other sub and 2nd set of wires.
    I got what your saying but I only have 2 wires per sub from the factory wiring so there for I can only hook up 1 terminal per sub. Its not one of those spring loaded terminals on the sub to where I could got from the factory wires to the one terminal and then run it to the 2nd.

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP: Red, manual, LT1-S Twin Disk Monster Clutch, CTS-V 19 inch wheels for that extra grip, cam, exhaust and headers. 451 RWHP 1 of 61

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Use some extra wire to connect the two + terminals together and connect the + wire from the amp to either one. Do the same for the -.

Or find a single voice coil 2 ohm sub to make it that much simpler.

Or maybe you should pay an installer.

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Junior Member SpeedDemon G8 GXP's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    Use some extra wire to connect the two + terminals together and connect the + wire from the amp to either one. Do the same for the -.

Or find a single voice coil 2 ohm sub to make it that much simpler.

Or maybe you should pay an installer.
    OK I got it. Needless to say I'm an idiot!!! Thanks for listening to me not knowing what the hell I'm talking about.

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP: Red, manual, LT1-S Twin Disk Monster Clutch, CTS-V 19 inch wheels for that extra grip, cam, exhaust and headers. 451 RWHP 1 of 61

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you pick out a sub?

Winter-wear: