Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Airbag Light Blinking, No Codes (anymore), Help???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airbag Light Blinking, No Codes (anymore), Help???

So I got this lower mile G8 GT and am having trouble getting a blinking airbag light to go away. When I initially scanned the codes with my (knock off) tech 2 I bought to fix this issue I got a few codes for passenger presence sensor. After inspecting wiring I found the locking clip on connector to passenger presence sensor was missing causing it to back out just enough to lose connection. So I pushed it in and taped it up to test it out. It seems it fixed it but red airbag blinking light is still on??? Here are the codes from initial scan before I fixed connection, I don't think the non B0081 passenger presence codes are relavant to airbag light but maybe I'm wrong?:

B101D -39 : Some kind of instrument panel Cluster fault (unknown DTC) -- I've read something about radio on this one. Current Fault

B1045 -04 : Radio Fault - Audio Output 3 Left Rear Circuit Open - Current Fault

B0081 -71 : Supplemental Inflatable Restraint System - Passenger OPresence System 1 Invalid Serial Data Recieved - Not Current Fault / Passing Tests Now

B0081 -5A : Supplemental Inflatable Restraint System - Passenger OPresence System System 1 Plausibilty Failure - Not Current Fault

U0140 -00 : Instrument Panel Cluster - Lost communication with BCM - Not current fault and not in history (not sure why this one is in there, maybe from dead battery?)

Well, if ANYONE could point me in the right direction here I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I'm in Houston is anyone is around here and wouldn't mind taking a look either. I'll pay for your time, just don't want to pay dealer prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know if the previous owner had the airbag recall done? There was a recall 10 years ago for the airbags. Some people had an issue with the airbag light blinking after the recall. If that's the case the dealer will need to reflash it. Some say they need to do the recall all over again.

Hate to say this but you might have no choice but to bring it to the dealer.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reply.

I don't know much history on it unfortunately. I was thinking it might be related to that though.

Is this something I can do myself with a tech2 possibly?
    Last edited by Jrl3; 12-22-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jrl3 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

I don't know much history on it unfortunately. I was thinking it might be related to that though.

Is this something I can do myself with a tech2 possibly?
    I know other codes can be reset with a tech 2 scanner. But this particular one is not so easy. You can call the dealer and give them your vin number. Ask if there is record of the recall being done. Tell them the light is flashing. They might do this for nothing for you.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    I know other codes can be reset with a tech 2 scanner. But this particular one is not so easy. You can call the dealer and give them your vin number. Ask if there is record of the recall being done. Tell them the light is flashing. They might do this for nothing for you.
    Thanks, I'll do that!