Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Security Lockout Vehicle Data Mismatch - Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Security Lockout Vehicle Data Mismatch - Help

So I got my g8 v6 into an accident a while ago and I've been slowly putting it back together over the past year. The accident wasn't too bad, I only had to replace the front bumper, fender and airbag/seatbelt. Every couple weeks the car was started to keep everything running and lubricated. In the accident the ground wire at the front driver fender came loose(it was just dangling in the air) and went unnoticed and one of the times the car was started to run for a few minutes, it touched the frame and sparked.

Since then the car went into security lockout and the key was stuck in the ignition, the engine doesn't turn over and the transmission was locked in park. I searched google and a couple of guys said replacing the battery got rid of the lockout, so I did that but it remained in lockout

The rest of the car has since been put back together and I took it to the dealer to get it out of security lockout and clear the codes. The dealer took 2 hours to find a "problem" and said the whole fusebox needed to be replaced. It has since been replaced and he looked at it for another 2 hours and still can't find whats causing the lockout.

Hoping someone on here can help me out as my bill at the dealership is starting to rack up and it seems like they don't know how to fix it.

TLDR: Car stuck in security lockout, dealer cant find the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images