Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Straight pipe exhaust sound

Post Thanks / Like

Default Straight pipe exhaust sound

Hello there im new here and wanted to see if anyone had any advice or solutions for me, I have a 09 G8 GT and I modified the exhaust and made it cat back straight pipes and it sounds great overall except for low RPM like when im taking off from a stop or pushing the gas lightly from like 10-35 mph it makes a like putting clicking airy sound almost like too much air is coming out this is the first time ive done straight pipes so im new to this and idk what to do about it so im hoping someone knows what im talking about and can offer a solution while keeping the exhaust like that cuz I love the sound and how loud it is and the tone and everything I just cant stand that sound I find myself beating my car so i dont have to hear it and I dont want to do that, one person told me to try a "H-Pipe" but again this is uncharted territory for me so if anyone has any advice id appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I cant hear it too good but I think so like a fluttery/puttery sound I when I take off some exhaust shops said its my dual tips and others said to try an H or X pipe im getting a X pipe put in this weekend so hopefully it helps