Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Mishimoto Radiator for Holden VE Commodore?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mishimoto Radiator for Holden VE Commodore?

Mark me down as one of the people who had a bad experience with fitment of the Cold Case all-aluminum G8 radiators. I could've lived with that, but after less than 3 years installed (and not driven that often) it also started leaking. I was about to give up and shell out for the ACDelco OEM unit (which has plastic end tanks but at least a limited lifetime warranty), but then I noticed a Mishimoto all-aluminum radiator listed on G8Only. Listed as a direct fit for VE Commodores, but specifically not tested on 2009.5 G8s or GXPs. I have an '08 GT.

https://g8only.com/product/mishimoto...ance-radiator/
    And the same item listed on the Mishimoto site:
    https://www.mishimoto.com/holden-ve-...2006-2012.html

I don't know much about Mishimoto, but unlike Cold Case I'd at least heard of them before. Has anyone tried one of these radiators in a G8?
    Trogdor, the Burninator - 2008 G8 GT. 376/480 LS3 crate, Vararam intake, Kooks headers, Unidentified full exhaust, and a particularly realistic "flame job."

Post Thanks / Like

Following up on this, much later. I bought a Mishimoto radiator, and while I was generally impressed with the build quality, the fitment in my '08 GT was even worse than the Cold Case unit. It's been a while and my memory is a little foggy, but I think the lower elbow was cut and welded (rather than bent), so it actually stuck out and interfered with the frame rail even more. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work either in the leaned-back position used with my Vararam intake, or the stock upright position.

I ended up contacting Cold Case to get a warranty replacement on the leaky unit. I honestly don't remember if the new one (in 2021) was any different from the old one I bought in 2017. All I can say is that it fit well enough in the upright mounting position with stock upper radiator mounts. I don't know if it would've worked in the leaned-back position. My Vararam intake was falling apart, so I wanted to switch back to stock mounting anyway.

Anyway... I have a like-new Mishimoto radiator for a Holden VE Commodore in my attic, in its original box, if anyone wants to give it a shot. Make me an offer, lol.
    Last edited by SpaceFrank; 06-09-2023 at 02:05 PM.
    Trogdor, the Burninator - 2008 G8 GT. 376/480 LS3 crate, Vararam intake, Kooks headers, Unidentified full exhaust, and a particularly realistic "flame job."