Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Latest Handheld Tuner Recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest Handheld Tuner Recommendations?

We bought our G8 GT new in 2009. I'm taking it over from my wife and want to start modding. I have K+N and Corsa exhaust. I'm looking for recommendations on the newer handhelds. The Cortex 2950 has a lot of mention here, but they don't make it anymore, and 10years of advancement points me towards something else. Anyone have any of the newer modules?

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the Superchips website it looks like they just make the Flashpaq tuner for the G8 now. From what I remember they've always had the Flashpaq and the only difference between the Flashpaq and the Cortex was that the Cortex offered a limited warranty. I'm pretty sure the tunes were the same. I would also think the tunes haven't changed much in 10 years (maybe a few tweaks here and there) as there's not much demand anymore. I do remember the transmission tune was a huge difference and worth the price alone. The ECU tune was just OK. If you're on facebook you may try to pick a cortex up used from one of the G8 groups and save some money.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

Post Thanks / Like

I was curious if there was other brands that offered more tuninng capabilities, and were still supported by the manufacturer. I know they offer updates every so often, just want to make sure they keep up support. Some of the mods didn't exist 10 years ago, so I want to make sure I don't spend $400 on a top speed limiter, or a wheel size compensator. Looking to do DOD delete, cam, long tubes, t-stat,etc.
    Last edited by Merc Dr.; 07-16-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at some Diablo units also
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

What about HPTuners?
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.