Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Interesting tidbit about Vector Motorsports GM HSRK temperature sensor...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting tidbit about Vector Motorsports GM HSRK temperature sensor...

Well, I accidentally trashed the Vector Motorsports sensor in their HSRK while trying to push it through the rubber grommet in my VCM lid. I thought maybe it wasn’t damaged but after a CEL appeared after a short drive and finding the code to mean high IAT sensor voltage I determined I must of damaged it during installation.

I called Vector Motorsports to purchase a new sensor as it stated on their website their kit sensor is 10x faster versus our stock Delphi sensor. When I talked to them over the phone, I was told Vector manufactures the wiring harness but purchases the sensors in bulk from their supplier which happens to be a Standard AX32 and puts in their own thermistor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bourmb; 06-10-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather take the thermistor out of the stock MAF and solder in the thermistor out of the AX32. The VCM is a cooler air source
    '09 GT SRM Cortex tuner, Solo HFC, VCM Intake,Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting tidbit about Vector Motorsports GM HSRK temperature sensor...

Quote Originally Posted by GT Drew View Post
    I would rather take the thermistor out of the stock MAF and solder in the thermistor out of the AX32. The VCM is a cooler air source
    I installed an Omega 44005 in the AX32 housing but modified it to eliminate any heatsoak. My IAT readings are always within 4 degrees of ambient.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bourmb;625786]I installed an Omega 44005 in the AX32 housing but modified it to eliminate any heatsoak. My IAT readings are always within 4 degrees of ambient.

Includes when sitting idling for 5 minutes, not moving?
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=jcmGT;625787]
    Quote Originally Posted by bourmb View Post
    I installed an Omega 44005 in the AX32 housing but modified it to eliminate any heatsoak. My IAT readings are always within 4 degrees of ambient.

Includes when sitting idling for 5 minutes, not moving?
    I live in a smaller town so stop and go means waiting for the light to change! However, the stock sensor would easily get heat soaked and rarely lower once moving. Mine will rise when sitting but it will take longer to do so, not rise nearly as high, and start going back to ambient as soon as I start moving again.