Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Dealing with the New Normal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dealing with the New Normal

Hello I'm Nick, I have a 2009 GT, I am interested in installing headers : I want to be able to install myself , do need to do any computer configuration, what is the best choice of headers? I don't have welder. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. To everyone be safe be careful

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Nick, welcome aboard!

Headers... folks will chime with their preferences, and yes, you'll need to tune after (with stock exhaust, cats light off in xx minutes. with headers the cats are further away from the engine, and take longer to 'light off'. The tune will, among other things, tell the computer "it will take xxx minutes for the cats to light off")

Now, more than ever, avoid the "cheap Chinese stuff" and buy GOOD American made headers (Kooks, ARH, etc). My ARH's have been trouble-free for 8 years or so.
    2009.1 G8 GT MSM, Sport & Premium
    Creature Comfort:
    19" spare & Pace jack kit, autodim mirror, visor light mod, pass seat slider fix, subwoofer mod, Homelink visor (by Snakey),
    XM & OnStar out/CoStar BLUESTAR in

Show:
    debadged except GM chicklets, custom GXP front fascia, GXP rear diffuser, Holden Center Caps

Go/Whoa:
    VMS ECM/TCM tune, Vararam, HSRK, ARH 1-3/4" LTH, HFCs into stock mufflers, Mobil 1, Pedders Street 1 kit, front Brembo's, PPV struts & shocks

[U] Stuff waiting patiently for installation [U]
    LSA Supercharger (base), Rear PPV shocks, Rear Brembo's, Russell rear brake lines, Staggered Camaro 20's with Holden centers, Morimoto HID's, wireless Aux input for tunes off of the cell phone.

PB: 13.468 @104.4 tune & Vararam