Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Thoughts on rocker ratio changes

Junior Member Straight out the G8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on rocker ratio changes

So I was doing the parts site crawl around thinking about different methods of increasing engine performance for my L76 on a tight budget (fixed income recovering from spinal injuries) and I had a look at some rocker kits which got me thinking about possible benefits of changing out the factory rockers for a 1:8 ratio kit. I'm breathing in through an AEM Brute Force 4" CAI and I've deleted the rear mufflers. Has anyone done a ratio change on the stock cam? I wouldn't expect a miraculous return on any HP or TQ gains but I also wouldn't think that that it would cause any real issues since the increase in lift would still be lower than the stock lift on an LS3 cam but it would still open the valves further so....Anyhow. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

If you go with the 1.8 rockers you will most likely need valve covers as well. Had a mate with them and acourding to his tuner picked up some rear wheel TQ. not sure about HP though.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I did the 1.8 roller rocker upgrade in an ls3 with an awesome amount of torque gain and about 5hpatw so I think it’s a great easy upgrade
    08 HSV R8
    LS3 A6 with Camaro pan.
    3.45 truetrac,cradle inserts,
    Whiteline swaybars front & rear.
    AP Racing Brakes with QFM hex Pads all round.
    VCM OTR.
    Billet Catch Can.
    1 3/4" pacemaker extractors,200cell metal euroV cats.
    2 1/2" Manta exhaust.
    Current Mods; VCM 21 cam-217/225* 600/580 lift Crow Cams Double valve spring kit,Smith Bros trunnion bush set...currently tuned by Rocky@ LSXPOWERTRAIN ,WA. with lots of hp and a shit load of torque 👌🏼.
    Recently add; More stall Convertor (approx 2200rpm)
    Mods to come:3” exhaust,machined TB,more braided hoses
    12.4@113mph.

Post Thanks / Like

On my previous GT I did 1.85 rockers with JBA shorties, Solo cats and Mach balanced exhaust . VCM intake. Equals an LS2 cam with AFM. I also did 105#. .600” lift springs to keep the AFM lifters happy but could handle a cam swap later on. Way better than stock. 1.85 come with thick gaskets so you keep the stock rocker covers.
    '09 GT SRM Cortex tuner, Solo HFC, VCM Intake,Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links