Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: rear differential oil change

Post Thanks / Like

Default rear differential oil change

I will be changing my rear differential oil and just want to know exactly how many quarts I need to purchase to ensure a proper fill. Also want to make sure all I need is 92184900 - Gm/Ac Delco Rear Axle Lubricant (75W-85) - 33.8 Oz. (1L) and no other additives. If anyone has detailed instructions that would be nice also.

Post Thanks / Like

Also are there any alternatives that are just as good or better than the GM fluid for our cars.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the stuff. I haven't heard of a good alternative, as it has a friction modifier in it, and I guess it isn't common. From what I understand, the couple year newer Camaro diff uses a more standard cheaper fluid.

You'll need more than one bottle to do the job, and you'll be left with half a bottle or so. I think there's already a good how-to here or the g8board.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com