Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Need TPMS sensors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need TPMS sensors

Anybody know a good place to get some?
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I order a lot of stuff from RockAuto. Decent pricing/shipping and no difficulties returning problem items. Speaking of which...

Avoid Dorman TPMS sensors. 2 out of 4 were DOA when I got a set for a truck a while back.

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten all of my TPMS's from Ebay (winter wheel/tire set for my DD pickup, etc). I buy genuine GM units. Our cars take a 315 MHz unit. There are countless PN's, but you should be able to score a set for under $50. I just bought a new set for my G8- one failed (of course, a week after I had new tires installed). Going to do all 4.
    2009.1 G8 GT MSM, Sport & Premium
    Creature Comfort:
    19" spare & Pace jack kit, autodim mirror, visor light mod, pass seat slider fix, subwoofer mod, Homelink visor (by Snakey),
    XM & OnStar out/CoStar BLUESTAR in

Show:
    debadged except GM chicklets, custom GXP front fascia, GXP rear diffuser, Holden Center Caps

Go/Whoa:
    VMS ECM/TCM tune, Vararam, HSRK, ARH 1-3/4" LTH, HFCs into stock mufflers, Mobil 1, Pedders Street 1 kit, front Brembo's, PPV struts & shocks

[U] Stuff waiting patiently for installation [U]
    LSA Supercharger (base), Rear PPV shocks, Rear Brembo's, Russell rear brake lines, Staggered Camaro 20's with Holden centers, Morimoto HID's, wireless Aux input for tunes off of the cell phone.

PB: 13.468 @104.4 tune & Vararam

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased my second sensor from this listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/231727479380

They're used, cheap, have been tested, and match (especially the valve stem design) the OEM ones on my vehicle.
    2009 LR G8 GXP - M6, Roof, Onyx/Red Interior

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent a PM a while ago with a new p/n to reference FYI
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

last ones I got replaced I had done at discount tire when I bought new tires due to a crevasse in the road (frost heave I guess) LItterally hit hard enough to crack the sidewalls of the tires.

anyway - bigger point - since they have to pull the tires off to do it and . . . . . . whatever. THey had sensors that worked with the car - they work perfectly and have for the last 2 years.

was all of 60 dollars extra. sensor and installed etc. SO might be a thought. Otherwise I would probably order off rockauto
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how long the batteries last on the tpms? I get tpms error but if I use the tool to reset it goes away for a week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainmal View Post
    Does anyone know how long the batteries last on the tpms? I get tpms error but if I use the tool to reset it goes away for a week or so.
    The life of them is only 5-7 years. Thats what I experienced. Some had them last for 10 years. I have two sets of wheels on mine so my OEM ones need replacing and my 2nd set is finally shitting the bed.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"