Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd Air Conditioning questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Odd Air Conditioning questions

OK so the other day my neighbor asked me about the G8 and asked me where I took it for work. Seems one of his co-workers has a G8 with Air conditioning issues.

SO I offered to look at it. Hooked up the gages and the low side and high side were around 140 - at 80 Degrees F. Even with AC turned on for around 3 minutes - the low side pressure never really lowered. High side did a bit.

belt is there - pulley turning. No blinking AC on the control panel and I didn't scan for codes - but I'm going to the next time I get to it. Supposedly my software will read the AC system.

Few questions - I know the compressor on this car has that variable plate system and not a standard on off clutch. and it's turning all the time. So short of the compressor having other major issues - it should be on.

As far as I know it's possible that the expansion valve is either clogged or ? and is not allowing the flow correctly. The owner said he put AC Pro refridgerat in it last year because it was low. He assumed it was low this year too.

Finally when I took the high pressure connection loose - the damn valve seems to have stuck - so it leaked down when I removed the connector. SO at a minium I need to fix that. Is that replaceable without replacing the whole hose assembly?
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

GM sells the low side valve, but not the high side.
    -Greg
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

shit.

is it repair able - I mean it looks like it comes out there is a threaded assembly.

Am I correct in assuming it's a ball and spring valve assembly? I think it just got stuck.

ON the pressure thing is it possible only the expansion valve is merfed?

Post Thanks / Like

The Schrader valve on the SS high side is 03041827.
    If it was my car I would try spending $7 on it. It might fit and fix the leak.

Sorry I'm not sure about the expansion valve part.

-Greg
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

So the part number I saw was 92140266 in the diagram shows as the pressure hose valve assembly. But to your point also in the diagram is the Evaporator hose valve assembly that shows as the same part number - but the 2 valves on the car look different.

Might it be that they modified the manual to show that the same valve works both sides?

Thank you by the way. I'll keep looking but a number of things point to using the same valve on both sides. Which at first I find odd but it makes some sense.

Post Thanks / Like

92140266 and 3041827 are different valves. I'm not sure what the difference is or if they are interchangable.
    92140266 is for the V8 G8 and the 3041827 is listed for the V6

Weird, the pics I've found online the two look about the same to me.

-Greg
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Gm parts house page shows the same part for both locations - which has me wondering. and that is the 9210266 for both valve locations. I will look up the SS also and maybe order both.

Do you guys sell parts like this or do you have a recommendation of where to go? I haven't had to buy many hard to find parts on the GM and often use rock auto.
    Last edited by Napalm; 05-21-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

reading some other threads - it sounds like some people are pulling the ball valve piece out of the high side fitting - and replacing it with a standard schrader valve kit. IE the parts used on the low side valve.

it seems, new cars and other models of GM cars are made this way already. Supposedly the SS and PPV come this way. I don't know for certain of course but it sure makes alot of sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Some things can be easily repaired in a conditioner, but you can't do other procedures on your own at home. Here the services for cleaning and maintaining the conditioners come to your aid. Yes, they are more expensive, but the quality is above the conditions necessary in obtaining it. To tell you honestly, I know about the aircon's problems, because my co-workers and I have the same conditioners installed in our offices, but each one has different defects. We have to call a powerful team https://www.airconservicing.org/type-of-aircon-service/ to solve each question separately. However, the result matters. And so far, we
    Last edited by Gael; 07-05-2021 at 02:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously?????
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package