Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Contact dealer/ very low fuel. computer wont read

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contact dealer/ very low fuel. computer wont read

so I was driving home last Thursday and got a check engine light. after scanning for codes I got a faulty cam shaft position sensor error. A quick trip to autozone and about 5minutes worth of work and the new sensor was in. when I went to turn on the car I received a very low fuel and contact dealer alert. I received the same alert that was cleared about a month ago by disconnecting the computer. I was unable to clear it this time by doing the same or by disconnecting the battery. Ive checked all the fuses and haven't found any that were blown. I ended up buying another computer that was vin matched. I went to upload my tune after installing the new computer and am still getting the same alerts. any thoughts or tips would be appreciated.
    ProCharger D1SC with 3 core Intercooler, Livernois 1C cam with DOD delete, Circel D 278mm 3000-3200 torque converter, Hayden Transaver Plus 30K, F.A.S.T 102mm LSXR intake, Nick Williams 102mm TB, F.A.S.T fuel rails, F.A.S.T 65 lb injectors kooks 17/8 lt, custom 3" cat back exhaust
    Tune is a work in progress

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

What code number(s)? And how is the gas gauge acting?
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

which computer? ECU or BCM

This is probably not a ECU issue. Before you do anything - unlock the car - with a multi-meter check your battery voltage at the terminals. Hopefully it's 12V+.

Then start the car - do the same check at the terminals. Should be up over 13V DC.

If you have a soft battery systems can undervolt which makes computers do odd things. This is a common issue.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how I missed this, but it's possible you have a bad ground.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.