Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front seal leak

Post Thanks / Like

I need to find me some headers too. I need to keep the cats due to the emission laws in this state. So maybe some mid catted kooks.
    There goes my tax return if the wife doesnt take it from me.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    It's G8 revenge. For all those times you said you were going to sell it.
    Hahahaha

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Once, there was a penguin driving across Death Valley. His car got hot and overheated just as he got to a small town with just a café and a service station. He was just able to drive into the service station when his car quit running. While they looked at his car, he went to the café. He got hot and asked if there was anywhere cooler because, well, he's a penguin. They let him sit in the walk in freezer since he was well, a penguin. There was a stash of ice cream bars, and was kind of hungry. He overdid it and ate all of the vanilla ice cream bars, then fell asleep. He woke up a little later and went to check on his car. When he arrived, they said, "well, it looks like you blew a seal." He wiped off his beak and replied, "nah, that's just ice cream."
    '09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post
    Once, there was a penguin driving across Death Valley. His car got hot and overheated just as he got to a small town with just a café and a service station. He was just able to drive into the service station when his car quit running. While they looked at his car, he went to the café. He got hot and asked if there was anywhere cooler because, well, he's a penguin. They let him sit in the walk in freezer since he was well, a penguin. There was a stash of ice cream bars, and was kind of hungry. He overdid it and ate all of the vanilla ice cream bars, then fell asleep. He woke up a little later and went to check on his car. When he arrived, they said, "well, it looks like you blew a seal." He wiped off his beak and replied, "nah, that's just ice cream."
    Made my day.....
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. The stealership said without looking at it the cost would be 2800.00 to fix. My jaw dropped
    How much is leaking? Do you have to add oil in between changes? If it is not much, you could just do nothing. Mine has been leaking for years at the back of the motor. Less than 1/4 QT between changes and never gets worse.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post
    LMAO! Thanks for that!

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    How much is leaking? Do you have to add oil in between changes? If it is not much, you could just do nothing. Mine has been leaking for years at the back of the motor. Less than 1/4 QT between changes and never gets worse.
    Honestly not that much. Just sucks that one day after 9.5 years now I see a leak. I can live with it but I rather live it with for a short time until I have all the parts to make the upgrades.