Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front seal leak

Post Thanks / Like

Default Front seal leak

I was wondering if there ever was an issue with the front seal leaking? Noticed it wet on the front bottom of the motor. Not sure if it's an oil pan gasket but it looks more like the seal up front. Any idea or suggestions? I never had an ounce of oil leak out of this car for 9.5 year's. Now all of a sudden I see a leak
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

It's is most likely where the oil pan/block and timing cover meet(couple inches on each side). This area is sealed with RTV(also applies to the rear portion pan/block) and over time it usually starts leaking slowly. Mine was leaking at the rear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the heads up. The stealership said without looking at it the cost would be 2800.00 to fix. My jaw dropped
    Last edited by MongosG8; 01-17-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. The stealership said without looking at it the cost would be 2800.00 to fix. My draw dropped
    Wow! It's not hard to do, I took the motor mount nuts off and jacked the motor up w/wood at oil pan as high as I could. Then used 2 small pieces of wood 2x4 about 5inch long between motor mount and engine to keep it up. Lower and remove jack. Pan came out fairly easy. If you confirm it is only leaking at the Front then all you need is a new oil pan gasket and RTV. Unless you want to change the timing cover gasket which requires the balancer to be removed. Might as well do a 3 bolt cam, chain, dog bone tensioner, all seals/gaskets etc. and you will still be under $2500 with spring kit and Trunion upgrade

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by G8eraid; 01-16-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

They are telling me its most likely the timing cover thats leaking. My issue with dealerships.. I dont believe them. I work for one and they would fuck their own mother to make a buck. I agree with you for all that I could do some upgrades and still come out ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    They are telling me its most likely the timing cover thats leaking. My issue with dealerships.. I dont believe them. I work for one and they would fuck their own mother to make a buck. I agree with you for all that I could do some upgrades and still come out ahead.
    It’s a sign from above that it’s time for a DOD delete...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PBM #608 of 888 -- All Stock!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyban View Post
    It’s a sign from above that it’s time for a DOD delete...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha.. I've heard that from many people.. My brother being the biggest advocate. Telling me to upgrade and dump the DOD.

Post Thanks / Like

It's G8 revenge. For all those times you said you were going to sell it.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Nice one Ray..I agree with jimmy and your brother if your going to keep it trash the DOD shit if the pocketbook allows.
    Last edited by donkeyGT; 01-17-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Lol! ..Ray I never said that...
    Karma bit me in the ass.

I was given a price last year from Pace.. I need to call them again and see what a mild cam dod delete package will cost me now.