Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Various V8 External Parts, New and Used (Houston, TX)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Various V8 External Parts, New and Used (Houston, TX)

I'm cleaning out my garage and have some assorted parts left over from when the L76 in my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT threw two rods at Texas World Speedway and I swapped in an LS3 crate engine. Volume discounts are available, especially if you come pick the stuff up from my house in Houston (near Hobby Airport) and I don't have to fuss with shipping.

Used but working parts from the original 60k mile engine (2008 L76):
    -Intake manifold sound deadening cover (Free)
    -Valve covers ($10/pair)
    -Fuel rail and mounting brackets ($20)

Shiny new parts from the GM crate LS3 (Basically a 5th-gen Camaro SS engine):
    -Throttle body, only works with ECMs from 2009.5 and newer ($80)
    -Oil pressure sender, same as above ($10)
    -Cast exhaust manifolds w/heat shields ($100)

I also have a Lokar flexible firewall-mount transmission dipstick (part number TD-36L80FM36) that I used for a while and then removed ($40)
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-td-36l80fm36
    Last edited by SpaceFrank; 06-30-2020 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Removed items that are no longer available
    Trogdor, the Burninator - 2008 G8 GT. 376/480 LS3 crate, Vararam intake, Kooks headers, Unidentified full exhaust, and a particularly realistic "flame job."

Post Thanks / Like

Also turned up a set of used Livernois pushrods, which must have been installed when the previous owner had the cam swapped on the L76. Marked 7.425" (length) and 0.080" (I assume this is the oil passage diameter). They all appear to be straight and clear to my eyes, but the engine they were installed in blew the hell up, so buyer beware. A few spots of minor surface rust from sitting on a shelf in Houston, which cleans up with scotch-brite. Call it $10 for the set.
    Trogdor, the Burninator - 2008 G8 GT. 376/480 LS3 crate, Vararam intake, Kooks headers, Unidentified full exhaust, and a particularly realistic "flame job."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceFrank View Post
    Also turned up a set of used Livernois pushrods, which must have been installed when the previous owner had the cam swapped on the L76. Marked 7.425" (length) and 0.080" (I assume this is the oil passage diameter). They all appear to be straight and clear to my eyes, but the engine they were installed in blew the hell up, so buyer beware. A few spots of minor surface rust from sitting on a shelf in Houston, which cleans up with scotch-brite. Call it $10 for the set.
    .08" is wall thickness.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I will swap what you have in a pm for:

Valve covers
    Fuel rail and mounting brackets
    Coil packs and mounting rails
    Fuel injectors, could probably use new O-rings
    Oil pressure sender

I do have someone going to Missouri City frequently. We can avoid shipping, or meet halfway.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Ray, sorry I never got back to you on this. I ended up using the coil packs and mounting rails for another project. The injectors are also spoken for.

I edited the first post. If anyone wants the other items still listed, let me know.