Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I sold my G8

Post Thanks / Like

Default I sold my G8

Since we only have a few members left from the old days, I'm sure not many will see this.

I bought #334 of the first 888 on May 20th, 2008. It was the 2nd G8 sold in Indiana. I knew I was going to buy one before they got to the states.

I started on the other forum until I met Charlie. LOL He asked me if I would be a moderator. I told him no. LOL He made me a mod anyway.
    I was fortunate enough to meet Charlie, as my job traveled me around the country.

Most people know of the fire I had with the turbo charger. Only a few know I wiped the whole left side of the car side swiping a telephone pole. I had two of my friends and GM techs in the car. Burnout from a stop to 100 mph. They said don't lift!! Burned all the way through 2nd gear, and when it hit 3rd, the car pitched left. I tried to yank it out. Too late. Thank God the telephone pole was there. Corn field was to the left and down about 5 feet. It saved us from going off the road on the top of the car. I didn't lift though.
    The buyer knows all about the wreck and repair as he also worked at the dealership.

The 9 years I had this car was a blast. Did a lot of events with quite a few members of the forum. Some of the best were working in my shop at home on Travis' car and putting the turbo on Cory's.

After I moved to Texas, it just sat. So, I had been thinking about selling for a year.

It went back home to where I used to live. Lebanon, IN
    It's where it belongs.

I had a good time. Thanks everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

A bittersweet day!

Glad it's going to be driven.

Have enjoyed meeting you here.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

What did you replace it with?

Post Thanks / Like

Glad someone's enjoying it. I know you've had your ups and downs with it and hope you have another less stressful hobby now. Are you sticking around here?
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

The boys in Indiana are super happy with the car.

Tomorrow morning I'll be at the dealership picking up my GMC Canyon. Crew cab, long box. My girl friend and I are going to look at some campers that this truck can pull. 7000 lb. rating.

I'll stick around Norm.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Take care Mr. Ray. I believe that you were Crazy Paul's 'U.S. distributor' when we could purchase items from Crazy Paul another member from the old days.
    2009 WH GT Prem/Sprt w/Sunroof, Trunk liner, Custom-fitted Sunshade, Sony GPS, LED Rear License Plate Lights. X-PEL Headlight Protectors, Osram Nightbreaker Low- Beams, Redline armrest cover, Raceramp Flatstoppers, Led Reverse Lights, Led Taillights, Led Foglights, Genuine HSV Seat Belt Shouder Pads, Commodore VF rear window interior sunshade direct from AU. No Performance Mods, maybe someday just get a 480HP Crate Engine from GMPerformance.

Post Thanks / Like

How bout some pics of the new ride Ray?
    Glad you’re still going to be a part of this.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to know the G8 will still be in good hands. Also happy to know that you will still be hanging around. From one old G8 member/driver that shares the same birthday as you, Glad to keep you around and maybe the next time I visit my parents in San Antonio, I'll try to look you up.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

OG here, I still check the site a few times a week. I remember all the trials and tribulations you had with the car. I'm glad it went on to someone that is appreciative of what he has.
    John
    2009 Stryker Blue Metalic GT Bolt-on G8 Record holder: 11.828 @ 114.61 with a 1.603 60'
    1993 Pontiac Formula FIREHAWK 385ci., M6, Strange S60.
    1968 Firebird Formula Convertible *Restomod project*

Post Thanks / Like

Ray, thanks for everything you have done here over the last 9 years.

Congrats on the Canyon...I have a 2016. You will love it!

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    PBM #608 of 888 -- All Stock!