Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Question about MGW Shifter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about MGW Shifter

Hi. Installing an MGW flat stick shifter. Check out the pics. I'm curious if the fit is correct. It comes close to the trim ring in 2nd, 4th, and 6th. At first I thought maybe I had the shift shaft reversed, but I don't think so.

Pic with the shifter furthest forward is 3rd. Middle position is neutral. Pic against the back of the trim ring is 4th. Why do my pics show up sideways?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT, VMS 1.5 DoD Delete and Tunes, Vararam CAI, Kooks Mid-length Headers, AEM Wide Band O2, high-flow cats, Corsa Catback exhaust, M6 conversion, MGW Shifter, GXP Diff 3.70

Post Thanks / Like

You got a camaro trans right?
    If so the camaro trans is about .7" longer the the gxp spec. So it would push everything back with the shifter and whatnot.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. No, it's a GXP trans. But the shifter is made for the camaro. They didn't make one for G8s. So that may be the issue. In any event it fits and feels great. Without the trim ring there is no contact. I'll fiddle with it and see what happens.
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT, VMS 1.5 DoD Delete and Tunes, Vararam CAI, Kooks Mid-length Headers, AEM Wide Band O2, high-flow cats, Corsa Catback exhaust, M6 conversion, MGW Shifter, GXP Diff 3.70