Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: LCA repair issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default LCA repair issues

Hello,
    brought my car to dealer June 20th for the key recall, seat belt recall, hoping they can clear the error code in my air bag system from the battery going dead, and to finally replace the control arms under the extended campaign 15289. I'm trying to tie up all these loose ends while I'm trying to sell the car.
    It's covered under the extended campaign because I brought it in 6/20. I'm only at 88k miles and the 10 years was up in July.

Car makes crazy front end noise, especially when cold soaked overnight in the wintertime.
    I previously had a 3rd party shop tell me it was the control arms when I was getting the tires rotated.
    Dealer took measurements and sent to GM. GM denied coverage. I've been back and forth multiple times with GM's advanced customer care on it and I'm not getting anywhere. It's one excuse after another. The person in charge of my claim just called me and repeated the information that she gave me 4 weeks ago - so I'm just going in circles. Today she repeated that the coverage has expired on 7/5, I carefully explained that the car was brought in before that date (6/20) and the dealer has intentionally NOT closed the service tag for this reason.
    I literally told her this 4 weeks ago, so I'm clearly not getting anywhere. It takes GM over a week to investigate with the dealer and get back in touch with me, which is why things are moving so slowly.

Bottom line, the parts are defective by GM's own acknowledgement by sending out this extended coverage and the clearly documented issues on this board and others.
    My casting numbers correspond to a GM part number that is at least 2 revisions old.
    My car exhibits all of the symptoms that are stated on the extended coverage.
    I've already had a second opinion.
    My dealer thinks they can get someone to approve it which is why they had me get in touch with GM to escalate it.
    Yet GM is screwing with me.

I'm pissed, because the amount of noise it makes in the wintertime is extremely obvious. Warmer weather is bad enough. But I had a potential buyer turned off by it back in January when he heard the noise.

I need help - what have you all done to get GM off their butts and approve the repair under warranty?
    SOLD - thanks for the GRRRR8 times here!
    2008 GT PBM onyx/red CLOTH
    No roof, no premium, no sport
    08/28/2012 - 03/11/2019

Matched 18" GT spare and tool kit | Trunk liner | Tints 35% fronts/5% strip/5% rears | CHMSL flasher | Autodim mirror | WAMS Ataris | Costar Bluestar | red leather shift knob | Cortex | Mobil1 & PF63 | improved stock intake | UPR catch can | PS res relocate | HSRK | 6L80E deep pan/filter/Lokar dipstick | Heater hose mod | Sunroof console | Full GXP mid/AB

Post Thanks / Like

I got nothing - My car is supposedly beyond any of that warranty and it didn't cover the LCA's on my car. I have an 09 model which is why. SO I don't know about getting warranty coverage but I would probably just look up getting new LCA's from somewhere - like Rock Auto and having them put in. Probably still under 400 dollars all in - and might be worth doing and telling a buyer it has new suspension parts.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_57 View Post
    Hello,
    brought my car to dealer June 20th for the key recall, seat belt recall, hoping they can clear the error code in my air bag system from the battery going dead, and to finally replace the control arms under the extended campaign 15289. I'm trying to tie up all these loose ends while I'm trying to sell the car.
    It's covered under the extended campaign because I brought it in 6/20. I'm only at 88k miles and the 10 years was up in July.

Car makes crazy front end noise, especially when cold soaked overnight in the wintertime.
    I previously had a 3rd party shop tell me it was the control arms when I was getting the tires rotated.
    Dealer took measurements and sent to GM. GM denied coverage. I've been back and forth multiple times with GM's advanced customer care on it and I'm not getting anywhere. It's one excuse after another. The person in charge of my claim just called me and repeated the information that she gave me 4 weeks ago - so I'm just going in circles. Today she repeated that the coverage has expired on 7/5, I carefully explained that the car was brought in before that date (6/20) and the dealer has intentionally NOT closed the service tag for this reason.
    I literally told her this 4 weeks ago, so I'm clearly not getting anywhere. It takes GM over a week to investigate with the dealer and get back in touch with me, which is why things are moving so slowly.

Bottom line, the parts are defective by GM's own acknowledgement by sending out this extended coverage and the clearly documented issues on this board and others.
    My casting numbers correspond to a GM part number that is at least 2 revisions old.
    My car exhibits all of the symptoms that are stated on the extended coverage.
    I've already had a second opinion.
    My dealer thinks they can get someone to approve it which is why they had me get in touch with GM to escalate it.
    Yet GM is screwing with me.

I'm pissed, because the amount of noise it makes in the wintertime is extremely obvious. Warmer weather is bad enough. But I had a potential buyer turned off by it back in January when he heard the noise.

I need help - what have you all done to get GM off their butts and approve the repair under warranty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    I got nothing - My car is supposedly beyond any of that warranty and it didn't cover the LCA's on my car. I have an 09 model which is why. SO I don't know about getting warranty coverage but I would probably just look up getting new LCA's from somewhere - like Rock Auto and having them put in. Probably still under 400 dollars all in - and might be worth doing and telling a buyer it has new suspension parts.
    If you have a couple hours and a couple jack stands it's easy to do these yourself as well. I did them twice in my G8 (swapping to Spohn LCAs, and then back to OEM LCAs.) Also had the dealer do it once as well.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    ... that warranty ... didn't cover the LCA's on my car. I have an 09 model which is why......
    FYI my 09.5 GT was covered by that warranty.

I bought the updated LCA's from Pace as a precautionary measure due to others' many failures at the time. I submitted the Pace receipt for reimbursement to Pontiac a day prior to the deadline and they promptly reimbursed me for the total cost of the parts.

JAM

Post Thanks / Like

I was turned down for the reimbursement, was pretty disappointed! Sent it several months ahead of the deadline with all receipts etc. and did the work myself. I think they stated that since the dealer did not inspect it prior to fixing it they did not want to reimburse me...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My '08 GT has the original LCA's. 69k miles now.
    Last edited by -Ray-; 09-14-2018 at 03:48 AM.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    My '08 GT has the original LCA's.
    I feel you Ray.
    My GXP does with 50K and so does the wifes 2009.5 with 215K miles on it.
    We just went to get an alignment and the shop says it needs one arm now.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq