Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headliner sag

Post Thanks / Like

Was planing on doing mine sometime this summer but right now I'm dealing with engine issues. So this will have to stay on the back burner.
    Good luck on doing yours ScreaminRedZ.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ View Post
    Mine was fine a couple weeks ago and then the next week completely falling down. Supposedly not too bad of a job so I’ll give it a shot. I’m sure just the first of many interior repairs lol.
    That's exactly how mine was... it was fine and then a week later was hanging all over. I've taken pristine care of the car since I got it with 21 miles on it and only has 69k on it now and it's always been in the garage so if it failed with the way I've treated it then it will most likely fail again in the future. Strange thing is my '94 S10 Blazer has 415k and the headliner is perfect. Same with my '02 Camaro. But the one in my '90 Pontiac failed at 15years and the G8 at 12. Not sure what Pontiac was doing wrong or what the difference is in the techniques but you would think they were all installed using similar techniques since they're both GM companies. I removed the headliner and have the new fabric and glue ready to go but I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried painting the board black? I know it's a little redneck but I don't ever want to have to do this job again.
    '09 G8 GT, PBM, premium, sport, roof
    PCM Trans cooler, Vararam, ARH 1 3/4, Dyno tune
    Modified: 12.832, 109.26mph, 1.988 60'
    Stock: 13.523, 105.94mph, 2.038 60'

Post Thanks / Like

For a quick fix, use small straight pins at an angle into the cardboard. Start in the middle and work your way out. This will put everything back into position until you figure a way to educate yourself on the injection of glue method online. Mine has survived with the pins for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure that you use the pins with the small balls in the ends!

Post Thanks / Like

Just had mine repaired by a local guy. Did great work.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery