Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Trying to plan my build. Got some questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trying to plan my build. Got some questions.

Hello everybody, I am currently planning my build, as of now I only have a CAI, LT headers and a Borla cat-back exhaust (No cats). I also have a custom tune by Diablew. My goal is roughly 600-700ish whp while retaining drivability. I am planning on going with the Procharger kit, not sure which one yet though. I also plan to do the DOD delete kit along with a bit more aggressive cam. What else would be needed, would my intake/throttle body need upgraded? I read the l76 block can handle up to that power range that I'm wanting to hit relatively well. So my overall questions are, whats your opinions on the best procharger to get? What is a good cam spec for my goals and preferred FI option? What other supporting mods will I need to do or would be wise to do with my goals?

Post Thanks / Like

Cloyes timing kit with LS2 chain snubber. You'll also want to dump the stock rocker trunnions. Something like Manton's trunnion bushings are hella better. Manton is actually coming out with a complete rocker assembly that's going to be BA!

Intake plenum and a ported TB is always smart. If you can make the cam only slightly more aggressive so you can keep the stock stall speed, you'll be much more streetable IMO.

Personally, I'd go to Brian Tooley or Texas Speed and have them spec it all out.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a d1sc, cam, ported heads, squash fuel system, dual nozzle meth injection, converter and built 6l80e and made easily 700rwhp. Pro chargers like rpm. Thus being a little more harsh on a motor vs. an Lsa.

My opinion, if you want to maintain drivability and make 700rwhp easier then a procharger, I would go with an lsa.

If you do decide on a procharger, d1sc with 3 core intercooler upgrade, big red race valve, ati lower pulley setup from asylum motorsports, rick Crawford cam, 3200 circle d stall, trans cooler, id1050 injectors and e85, no meth.
    2008 G8 GT
    TSP Forged LS3- D1-221/232 RCR Cam-Ported L92's-Yank2800 Triple Disc-Squash-ID850-Coolingmist Meth Injection-Demon8 Designs-Aerofoce-BMR-BC Racing-Brembos-Kooks-Solo 3in-Derale atomic super cooler-ace performance built 6l80
    Rick Crawford Tuned
    663/596 Rwhp rwtq for now....
    10.87 at 133 1.59 60ft

Post Thanks / Like

Have you decided what type of fuel you'll be using for this build?
    87 GN bolt ons Alky kit 12.10 @110 on Drs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BarnesGN View Post
    Have you decided what type of fuel you'll be using for this build?
    Good point
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package