Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Thinking of selling, hardest decision ever! Price?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking of selling, hardest decision ever! Price?

I can't even believe I'm debating this but the last couple weeks I've seriously been thinking of selling and going back to a Evo. Original reason for selling my Evo was it was impossible to fit all 3 kids in the back with car seats. Plus I was at the point where I was needing to build the motor/transmission to make much more power.

Fast forward and we now have 4 kids so they don't fit in the G8 either I know they are completely different cars but I've loved both of them. Evo was stupid fast for little money and handled like a go-kart. Running 10's when I sold it for just a little over $10k in mods and still full street trim. 0-60 in under 3 seconds just isn't in the G8's future! Plus I really miss the turbo and manual aspect. G8 is just so much nicer, roomier and can't beat the sound of the V8.

Here are a couple pics of my current G8, think I might list it at a somewhat high price and see what happens. What would you guys recommend for a price that is on the higher side, but not outright stupid?

Mods are in my link plus 3.27 Camaro diff, Brembo upgrade and slotted/drilled rotors that were just completed. I would rate the interior as a 9.5/10 as it is perfect except for a wear spot on driver seat side bolster from getting in/out. Outside is the only problem, probably a 6-7/10 due to rock chips, small dings and several spots where the crap factory paint is just chipping. Car only has 42k miles on it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '03 Evo VIII 10.6@131mph stock internals/ECU/Tires-SOLD
    '09 GT SBM-Rotofab, SOLO HFC, SOLO Mach Balanced Catback Exhaust, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, Custom Tune, HID Lows, LED Fogs, GXP Front Bumper & Rear Diffuser & CTS-V Rims

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount of money old EVOs bring now is crazy. I haven't seen a decent one for $10k around here

You could probably do pretty well on the G8 overall
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, a decent condition, lower mile Evo is going to run me about $22-25k.
    '03 Evo VIII 10.6@131mph stock internals/ECU/Tires-SOLD
    '09 GT SBM-Rotofab, SOLO HFC, SOLO Mach Balanced Catback Exhaust, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, Custom Tune, HID Lows, LED Fogs, GXP Front Bumper & Rear Diffuser & CTS-V Rims