Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: A Mopar what!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Mopar what!!!!

How do you guys feel or think about a scat pack charger. Worth it or nah. Opinions just for a debate.
    2009.5 G8 GT
    Mods: Kooks mids, Solo mach unbalance, rotofab cai, pat g tune, haas front splitter, cts-v wheels, 3.45 otw

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a great choice and totally worth it..... I might be biased?

I went from a modded G8 very similar to the way yours is set up to several Mustang GT. Miss the Mustangs but 2 doors was getting rough with my growing son. I always missed the 4 door V8 anyway. So when it was time to fill that void from missing the G8 it was only the SS vs Charger. After driving and comparing for several months, the Charger SP was my choice. Couldn't beat the value.

I've had mine for 1.5 years now and still love it.
    Last edited by Zodiac; 07-29-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

My Buddy has one (17) and swears by it. He was a GM guy his whole life but very impressed with the big band for the buck deal. Drove it a few times and I feel its more comfortable than my G8 plus the interior is a lot better. The power is there when you hit the gas. Breaking was great.

If I didn't have my G8 I would go that route.

I love the Chevy SS but parts are getting harder to find and more expensive just like our G8s
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah after selling my g8 back in april. I've been looking at the scats. I love a Chevy ss but parts and etc are hard to find. Thought about a V2 ctsv but too much $ for a 9+ old car. So I'm still deciding, it will be hard to leave to LS game
    2009.5 G8 GT
    Mods: Kooks mids, Solo mach unbalance, rotofab cai, pat g tune, haas front splitter, cts-v wheels, 3.45 otw

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a huge part of my dilemma when I was shopping. The parts since discontinued car will continue to creep up in price and then be hard to find. A lot of G8 parts you can't even get anymore. I wasn't gonna deal with that again. Anyone who knows me I am far from brand loyal. I go to the best bang for the buck. A 485hp V8 sedan nicely equipped for about $35k? Yeah can't beat it. Plus the 392/A8 is an amazing combo.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy has one in a Hellcat. Very nice all around, not to mention he’s had it 197
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great car for the money. If I were looking for another 4 door sedan, that would be my choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I almost got one myself. I don't think it's a bad decision. I am buying my corporate leased Durango R/T for the wife and needed a new DD. Problem is the winter for me. I ended up getting another SUV. I want the trouble-free no worry AWD.

Ford Edge ST. Should be fun... For an SUV...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

TONS of them here.

What that means:

Majority who own them drive very aggressively

Never buy a used one

They get stolen here all the time

Check insurance rates

Do you like what everyone already has?

I like them, but not enough to buy one. I have friends with hellcats, 392s, etc - bang for the buck is there, but the risk of ownership here is not something I'd go for at this time.

One friend had a few taken as it was. Theft rates are insane.

They look cool and all. A bargain when the leases or sales are on.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T