Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: HPTuners Locked ECM/ New ECM needed?

Post Thanks / Like

Default HPTuners Locked ECM/ New ECM needed?

Good day all,

I had a friend of mine helped me out with my tune. We used Hptuners on my 2008 gt and found a tune that looked like it should give me decent results. We downloaded my factory tune to his computer and we uploaded a new tune to the car. Car felt amazing. My issue is that the tune can not be modified and its causing me to throw cel's and Im due for my state inspection sticker. We have tried uploading new tunes, and also tried to revert the car back to factory. Still blocked. Should I just buy a new ecm and get it factory tuned (to my vin) at a dealership? If so, whats the exact part number for a 2008 g8 gt? I've seen a lot of things online and want to make sure I buy the right one. Most sites sow a stock photo that may not even be the one I would receive.

Post Thanks / Like

If you find it can’t be unlocked, contact Greg at Pace Performance. He will supply you with new VIN matched one. I wouldn’t use a dealer.....
    Cost isn’t bad. I had to do it when I Vector locked my tune.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect. Thanks. Ill reach out to him and see what can be done. I just need to get this damn sticker taken care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    If you find it can’t be unlocked, contact Greg at Pace Performance. He will supply you with new VIN matched one. I wouldn’t use a dealer.....
    Cost isn’t bad. I had to do it when I Vector locked my tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the person that's trying to change the tune now the same person, using the same cable and same HPT software suite that loaded the first tune? If so, they should be able to unlock it.
    09.5 LR G8 GXP A6
    For mods list, honk 3 times.