Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: radiator top hose

Post Thanks / Like

Default radiator top hose

Looks like it is a common issue that the retaining ring breaks and separates causing the top hose to come off. Has anyone on here seen and used the new part number 92234040 to see if GM corrected/fixed the issue? Mine broke and the hose came off and I'm trying to determine if I should do the quick fix of a hose clamp, or replace the radiator with the new part#. Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard, and I may be wrong here, but people were going with the cold case radiator instead because they didn't have any confidence that the stock one wouldn't do the same thing again.

Then again, the last guy that installed the cold case unit needed to install it with a big freaking hammer to get it to clear the frame rails. They have some fitment issues here and there...

Maybe get with Greg@PacePerformance and see if he has any info on the new part number...
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend replacing it with ADPI/PRO here for $100..https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...,radiator,2172
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

I received a picture sent to me from a dealer who had a brand new radiator. Does not seem to have any improvements to design to correct the upper hose connection issue.
    Last edited by ScottDawe; 07-17-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I also had the radiator top hose blow out problem.
    It only needs a little force to hold it in place.
    I decided to fix it myself by bending a short piece of zinc coated metal around the radiator cap neck. (see pictures)

The bottom and top radiator lips are the same design but no one ever complains about the bottom one breaking.
    I believe the top one is breaking because people are leaning on it when working on the car.
    Mine broke about 1 month after having the dealer replace the harmonic balancer.
    I believe they inadvertently cracked it and soon afterwards it broke.

IMG_20220112_121236.jpg IMG_20220112_121243.jpg IMG_20220112_121251.jpg