Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Changed input/output speed sensor now no gear

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changed input/output speed sensor now no gear

I changed my input/output speed sensor becUse of codes I got a few times and now the linkage moves the trans outta park but that's it. No gear engagement or even showing anything other than park on the display. I can roll it when I shift outta park but that's it. The job was simple, I dropped the pan, disconnected the main connector, dropped the valve body then swapped out the sensor/harness, reinstall. Everything went smooth. So I went back in and rechecked everything again and installed the old sensor, still nothing. Disconnected the battery for a while, nothing. No codes.That's the only pic I took, right before I took out the six bolts for the tcm/valve body and then removed it. Swapped the sensor and didn't touch shit else. I even kept the pan full of fluid when I dropped it and just topped it off after reasembley. Please help, any ideas?
    Last edited by vlj1216; 07-01-2018 at 02:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

No codes? Pinched wire or pulled wire in a harness.

I looked at all data and didn't see any programming that needed to take place.

Did you disconnect battery during procedure?

If not maybe double check all fuses.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I didn't disconnect the battery during install. Felt like a fool after. I checked fuses, all good. I kinda tested the main plug, with the engine running I disconnected and reconnected the plug and there was definitely a change and warning lights came on, abs, traction control...I then cleared them so the harness/plug is communicating.

Post Thanks / Like

I got it. Not sure about the terminology but the valve body "range selector" wasn't connected to the linkage. In the pic, the orange arm has to connect to the linkage. So simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh. Glad you found it, something so simple.

Hopefully no more codes!!!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader