Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Testing top speed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Testing top speed

Hi.
    I´ve coming just home. Would test the top speed from my pontiac. Is not that, what i thougt. At 223 km/h is finish. At 222 it comes again. In the car papers is written, it should be 240 km/h. I have from the pre owner a superchips tuner type 9827. Last week i looked first time and would only test, what is all activated. It asked me : do you want install magnacharger file? I pressed yes and have deactivated the speed limiter. Since this time, my car runs with active fuel management. Before in the computer was always " all active". Now comes " all active and half active". Can it be, that there are no files on the superchips tuner and i have erased all from before? I tried to upload new files, but there is only the spark icon on my pc. Can it be, that the files are only for one use on the hand tuner and i must pay for new, or is it to old ( from 2012) that there is not available? First i had a hard short shift from transmission. This is now , - i think better, normal shift. It is more comfortable. But i can get to no tire sizes, rev limiter, fuel octane etc. how i can see in the description from superchips.

Greetings from germany. ( Hope you understand all )

Post Thanks / Like

I think I understand. You should email superchips and ask them how to get the superchips tune for your car. I believe there were a few different, including a 87, 91, 93 octane, plus some for some specific models of air intakes (rorofab, etc).
    Last edited by STL_G8GT; 06-26-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a Magnacharger on it? If so, is there anyone over there that can do a custom tune on it? Find some late model Vette tuner or something.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like the speed limiter is still enabled. That is exactly where it cuts out. A fully stock G8 with only the limiter removed went 164 mph (263 km/h) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s65dtZUjAH4 And a supercharged TVS1900 + cam G8 hit a limiter at 184 mph (296 km/h) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gdBwLo_zPI

I don't need to tell you be careful at those speeds Make sure your tires are in good shape.
    Last edited by norm8332; 06-26-2018 at 06:51 PM.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    My car has a magnacharger 2300 build in. Headers etc. the full program. Only no other cam. I think too that there was nothing going with the hand tuner. I will contact superchips. Other question: can i let it so that the active fuel management goes half active with the supercharger? Becaus before it was always all active. With a LS 9 cam,- i´m thinking to install about, is there the emission value not so good? Because in germany i must go to exhaust gas test. If it is bad, i may not drive with this vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

You really need a custom tune with that car to be safe with the engine and those mods. Wasn't it originally already tuned when you acquired it? I would use the tune that was in it when you got the car or find an experienced LS engine tuner in Germany. Superchips tunes cant take into account many mods past stock, and I wouldn't consider running their tune myself.

The LS9 cam I use is a stock GM cam that was used in the Corvette ZR1, so it should meet emissions requirements.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage