Default Help P1133 & 1153

Hi guys new to forum and looking for some help, my car keeps throwing
    P1133- bank1 Fuel control shifted lean
    P1153- bank2 fuel control shifted lean

My mods are
    AFE cold air Intake
    Solo HFC Cats
    Solo Mach shorty cat back

just got the car out for the summer and now ive been dealing with these codes.
    Had it into the dealer and the only thing they could find was some wires that looked chewed up. They repaired them and all was good for 2 days and bam same 2 codes came back.

They ran some tests on the O2s and they told they were responding slowly but were fine?
    I dont want to start replacing sensors if i dont need to.
    Ive checked for vac leaks, exhaust leaks etc cant find anything.

am i ok drive with these codes??

Anybody else run into this??

Post Thanks / Like

The details for those codes specifically show slow switching. The fact that it's both banks at the same time makes me think it's not the sensors themselves (ie, what are the chances that both sensors went out at same time?).

I'd try a different shop if possible, and I'd tend to think it's wiring related.

How long has it been modded?
    Last edited by STL_G8GT; 06-25-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

I just put the cats on last summer before putting it away. Last night i decided to put the car on jacks and inspect my exhaust low and behold they installed the 02 extenders in the upstream 02s, there supposed to be in the rear think i found my problem lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merc572 View Post
    I just put the cats on last summer before putting it away. Last night i decided to put the car on jacks and inspect my exhaust low and behold they installed the 02 extenders in the upstream 02s, there supposed to be in the rear think i found my problem lol.
    Wow, yes, that could be a problem.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader