Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Crankshaft pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crankshaft pulley

What’s the stock replacement crankshaft pulley part number? Is it av delco 12675715? I dont want an underdrive pulley as I use the car for a daily driver. It started to wobble today figure I will replace it. Any tips on install? Should I buy a puller or can I rent one from the local parts store
    2009 G8 GT
    1985 Buick Grand National w/87 drivetrain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turbojitsu View Post
    What’s the stock replacement crankshaft pulley part number? Is it av delco 12675715? I dont want an underdrive pulley as I use the car for a daily driver. It started to wobble today figure I will replace it. Any tips on install? Should I buy a puller or can I rent one from the local parts store
    Call Greg at Pace Performance. He will get you the right pulley with a G8Nation discount.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I ran an underdrive pulley on my GT for 5 years as my DD. Absolutely NO issues.

Greg Was at Pace for sure though! He's the best.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The parts store will have loaner puller. Search this or the other board for the puller detail. It's a three jaw. You will also need a install tool. Several varieties from DIY to ebay. Don't try to pull it on with the bolt - strip the crank treads and you are done. Will need mongo torque wrench -if using arp it's set to 240ftlbs. Do not reuse the factory bolt, it's a torque TTY. New factory or ARP.

Removal:
    OTC 6667 Harmonic Balancer Puller (Amazon)
    or GGT-120
    This puller is often available for loan at AA or AZ

install: Hawk LS Series Harmonic Balancer Installation Tool ( This can be made easy enough if you have lowes / fastenal local.

flywheel holder: kent-moore J-42386-A or CAR SHOP CSP2344 LS1 2 3 LSX Engine 4.8 5.3 5.7 6.0 6.2 FLYWHEEL LOCKING TOOL $39.95 BUY ONLINE or Flywheel flexplate holders - on - LS1TECH
    Last edited by jcmGT; 06-14-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the wobble yesterday after the drive in to work. It was noticeable from inside the car. I drove the car home and did another inspection and couldn’t see it this time. Is it possible for the symptoms to come and go?
    2009 G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...mine would wobble and then stop. When it started to make noise tho...it never got better. Replace it early and be done with it.
    09 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Mods
    Go: Vararam CAI, SLP Headers, Magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler & PM-FL Axlebacks. Tuned by MAC Autosports of Parker, Colorado. FE3 Shocks N Struts.

Show: Little Trees US Flag Vanilla Scented Air Freshener; SLP G8 Firehawk wheels; tinted windows

The Track
    Best 1/4: 13.969 @ 102.70 @ Pueblo Motorsports Park, w/ DA of 3921'.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys it’s always appreciated. Does anyone have the part number for the bolt that holds down the crankshaft pulley?
    2009 G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys it’s always appreciated. Does anyone have the part number for the bolt that holds down the crankshaft pulley?
    ARP makes one. Use that. Again, Greg Was can hook you up.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!