Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Deck lid badge reinstall - Measurements or Templates available?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deck lid badge reinstall - Measurements or Templates available?

I recently got a new to me 08 G8 GT, the PO had debadged the deck lid. I would like to put all the original emblems back on. I have already purchased them all (Pontiac, G8, GT, and the arrow head) new.

I tried searching but had no luck, is there any templates a guy can buy to get them back in the exact right spot, and straight? Or is there some really good measurements available that I could use to apply these new emblems?
    2008 Magnetic Gray Metallic G8 GT Premium - DOD Delete, Livernois stage 1C cam, 25% UD pulley, Vararam.

(SOLD) 2008 White Hot G8 GT premium - DOD Delete, COMP 269LRR HR13 cam, 3.23 Camaro diff, 25% UD pulley, Circle D Pro II 258 2B stall, SOLO High flow cats
    12.612 @ 109.31, 1.886 60' ft on street tires.

Post Thanks / Like

G8 and GT and arrowhead are 15 mm up from bottom trunk edge.
    PONTIAC is 20 mm up from bottom trunk edge.
    10 mm between PONTIAC and G8
    GT is 20mm from driver edge of trunk to middle of G
    G8 is 15mm from passenger edge of trunk to middle of bottom loop of 8
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

I do like mine without the Pontiac letters. I have a black arrowhead and black GT G8 letters, and body colored Pontiac letters on my MM carbon plate frame. You can get many colors of decals for all the emblems from this guy. https://www.grafxwerks.com/pontiac/g...Wgq517Qt7qVSRk
    '09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    G8 and GT and arrowhead are 15 mm up from bottom trunk edge.
    PONTIAC is 20 mm up from bottom trunk edge.
    10 mm between PONTIAC and G8
    GT is 20mm from driver edge of trunk to middle of G
    G8 is 15mm from passenger edge of trunk to middle of bottom loop of 8
    Great info
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader