Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need new rear door speakers

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing to note: For anyone planning on replacing their door speakers, plan on getting those foam speaker baffle inserts. Many say they are waterproof. The insides of our doors get very wet. The back of the speakers will get wet, along with any connections, crossover dongles, etc. The reason my speaker was buzzing is corrosion. When the woofer cone moves, it grinds against some rough surface in the pole/voice coil/magnet area.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    Another thing to note: For anyone planning on replacing their door speakers, plan on getting those foam speaker baffle inserts. Many say they are waterproof. The insides of our doors get very wet. The back of the speakers will get wet, along with any connections, crossover dongles, etc. The reason my speaker was buzzing is corrosion. When the woofer cone moves, it grinds against some rough surface in the pole/voice coil/magnet area.
    Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/XTC-2-Inch-Fo.../dp/B0002ZPNXW

Also, is anyone aware of where we can get replacement plastic or adhesive for the door panels (to keep water out)?
    2009 LR G8 GXP - M6, Roof, Onyx/Red Interior

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but those might be a little big. I didn't measure the hole in the door, so I'm not positive of the limit. I think they are closer to 6".

Windshield adhesive is the stuff that works for the liners. Search "goop", and I think you'll find it in a thread I started.

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

May just have something hitting the speaker cone. Take door panel off and check speaker for damage.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't read much of the thread, huh?

Winter-wear:

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wrong about what speakers I had before. They were Infinity Kappa 62.9i, not Infinity Reference 6032cf.

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    Yeah, but those might be a little big. I didn't measure the hole in the door, so I'm not positive of the limit. I think they are closer to 6".

Windshield adhesive is the stuff that works for the liners. Search "goop", and I think you'll find it in a thread I started.
    Thanks.

I found your thread and the product to use.
    2009 LR G8 GXP - M6, Roof, Onyx/Red Interior