Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best option for key and key fob?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best option for key and key fob?

Hi everybody, new member here. I recently picked up a pretty clean 09 gt. This is my 1st G8 and so far I love it! I only received 1 key from the previous owner and it's pretty worn looking. I would like to purchase a new key and a new key fob and keep my current key as a back up. Do I have any options besides going thru the dealer?

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a key fob kit from Amazon ..

I used my old blade and I transferred the little transponder chip from my old one to the new one and wallah.. I have a new fob. Quality not as good as OEM ..but at the time it fixed a bad situation fast for me.
    Last edited by MongosG8; 03-14-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

A sponsor here, http://gtog8ta.com/ sells flip fobs. It cost me $30's at a reputable locksmith to get the key cut.
    '09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post
    A sponsor here, http://gtog8ta.com/ sells flip fobs. It cost me $30's at a reputable locksmith to get the key cut.
    ^^^ What JimmyJazz said!

I should know better .. I definitely recommend a forum sponsor before Amazon. Dealt with gtog8ta before..good service and helpful. Not a bad price for OEM and what your getting.

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

Ok great, I will check them out. Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the dealer. They will take it away from you for your own good. We have been informed that they are dangerous and we might hurt ourselves
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    Go to the dealer. They will take it away from you for your own good. We have been informed that they are dangerous and we might hurt ourselves
    LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever broken into a house or room and found that everything is locked? I did. That's frustrating, and you don't want to risk going back to get your stuff. A better option is to buy a key-locked item. A key-locked object should be able only to be opened with the correct key. There are different kinds of keys. You can purchase regular keys, which are usually found in house and vehicle lockers. You can also buy key-operated devices, which can be used to open standard locks without having to take apart the structure. I got my locking system from https://www.locksmithsingapore.sg/.
    Last edited by PiersEdmunds; 07-28-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piersedmunds View Post
    have you ever broken into a house or room and found that everything is locked? I did. That's frustrating, and you don't want to risk going back to get your stuff. A better option is to buy a key-locked item. A key-locked object should be able only to be opened with the correct key. There are different kinds of keys. You can purchase regular keys, which are usually found in house and vehicle lockers. You can also buy key-operated devices, which can be used to open standard locks without having to take apart the structure. I got my locking system from https://www.locksmithsingapore.sg/.
    wtf
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyGT View Post
    wtf
    LMFAO!!! I said the same thing