Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to make some changes.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Time to make some changes.....

I had an issue with the plug that connected to my ZL1 fuel pump. Ended up buying a replacement fuel pump from Greg at Pace. Missed putting some small piece in the fuel pump. It regulates fuel pressure. So, looks like my G8 will be headed to North Carolina for some upgrades.

May switch to a CTSv pump. Depending on blower rpm, or JMS booster capability.
    Porting the blower, changing the pulley. I'm only getting near 5 psi, so having a blower is really sound only.
    I need this right. Get the right people to work on it.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Where you sending it?
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GXPaycheck View Post
    Where you sending it?
    My guess is Rick Crawford!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

The zl1 needs the external fpr, but you know that now, and probably knew it before - but you've got a LOT going on.

The v bucket can support the v stock pumps or there is a dw brand pump upgrade that drops right in the bucket if you get real wild and crazy. The vaporworx will work with the jms booster and stock v pumps, and it seems pretty bullet proof besides the whole over-voltage thing. (more volts, more wear, more heat, etc etc) I don't know if the version you have (same as mine) can output enough juice to power the dw pumps - but Carl would know that. I know his new versions do, or at least on his site he offers an add-on to make them compatible.

I think it's a matter of time before someone combines the boost referenced pwm fpcm and reliable voltage booster in the same box. Separately those are a 800-900$ investment... You put both in the same chassis for $700-800 with a simpler/integrated control scheme and a can fuel pressure output and youd sell a million of them...

You send it to NC and it'll come back a true monster. It's incredible what he's done for this community in such a short (relatively) period of time. Congrats in advance!!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Rick will have to tune it, so you know it will be there at some point.

I'm just tired of the car sitting because it's beyond my ability to work on the engine and fuel systems. I had been thinking about selling it for that reason.

Has anyone dealt with transporting a car?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Use Pilot! They'll transport it inside so it doesn't get dirty. I sold my GT and shipped it to NJ but on a normal car carrier. It cost 800 bucks.

You could try Texas Speed if you want someone closer to home. They're a pretty awesome shop. Livernois even had a pickup and delivery option a few years ago.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many shops in Houston, Dallas, Austin, etc. I don't know why you would deal with the logistics of sending it across the country. No knock on Rick, but Texas is full of fast cars and shops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    There are so many shops in Houston, Dallas, Austin, etc. I don't know why you would deal with the logistics of sending it across the country. No knock on Rick, but Texas is full of fast cars and shops.
    I hear you. I talked to a shop in Austin. Got a few referrals and said they were good. Tried to talk to them in email and I was having a 3 way conversation with the guy and his wife. They need to learn how to CC each other. Then failed to quote me on a fuel pump change. I prefer to go with people I know. This way I know it will be done right.
    If I was in Indiana still, Mike Norris would get the car. Mike will be here next week, but not to work on anything.
    There is still an option on me driving it and flying home. Waiting on conversations with Carl.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Use Pilot! They'll transport it inside so it doesn't get dirty. I sold my GT and shipped it to NJ but on a normal car carrier. It cost 800 bucks.

You could try Texas Speed if you want someone closer to home. They're a pretty awesome shop. Livernois even had a pickup and delivery option a few years ago.
    No Livernois. Rick needs access to the car.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Rick will have to tune it, so you know it will be there at some point.

I'm just tired of the car sitting because it's beyond my ability to work on the engine and fuel systems. I had been thinking about selling it for that reason.

Has anyone dealt with transporting a car?
    Not to totally spin off, but mine was and does sit and I got to thinking, you know, why DONT I drive it... I made a list and am knocking those things off. Clean up the tune, e85, tires, making time, ride height, etc. I figure if I clear up my mental list, and still don't drive it, it may be time to let someone else enjoy her.

You better keep your g8, though, how else are you going to transfer tennis balls a few thousand at a time? :-)
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader