Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to make some changes.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    The zl1 needs the external fpr, but you know that now, and probably knew it before - but you've got a LOT going on.

The v bucket can support the v stock pumps or there is a dw brand pump upgrade that drops right in the bucket if you get real wild and crazy. The vaporworx will work with the jms booster and stock v pumps, and it seems pretty bullet proof besides the whole over-voltage thing. (more volts, more wear, more heat, etc etc) I don't know if the version you have (same as mine) can output enough juice to power the dw pumps - but Carl would know that. I know his new versions do, or at least on his site he offers an add-on to make them compatible.

I think it's a matter of time before someone combines the boost referenced pwm fpcm and reliable voltage booster in the same box. Separately those are a 800-900$ investment... You put both in the same chassis for $700-800 with a simpler/integrated control scheme and a can fuel pressure output and youd sell a million of them...

You send it to NC and it'll come back a true monster. It's incredible what he's done for this community in such a short (relatively) period of time. Congrats in advance!!
    The VaporWorx ZL1 conversion uses an internal (in the fuel module) 60psi regulator. Due to the way a returnless fuel module is designed if an external regulator is used it can pump itself dry in certain circumstances.

The concept of an integrated voltage booster + returnless PWM controller was in my head three years ago. Unfortunately, there is no promise for millions in sales ;-) and it's quite an exercise in design and substantial costs.

The current generation of VaporWorx PWM controllers can handle up to 22v. The JMS voltage FuelMax integrates nicely since it has a progressive ramping function that helps reduce the time the maximum voltage is applied. When combined with PWM, the hit to the pumps is greatly reduced.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Carl, well your kit will finally be installed by someone qualified to do it. I think mine is only good to 17 volts though.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny that I read my last post. I just put the controller in a box back to VaporWorx.

Long story short.

DD needed a lot of work. Spent mod money on DD.

Took G8 to Nelson Performance in San Antonio. They installed JMS unit, says Vaporworx won't power on.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Controller is being sent back to me. Nothing wrong with it. Printed out a different set of instructions than I had before.
    after I get a couple things sorted out with the car, I'll be putting it up for sale.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Controller is being sent back to me. Nothing wrong with it. Printed out a different set of instructions than I had before.
    after I get a couple things sorted out with the car, I'll be putting it up for sale.
    :tear:
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ray.
    I may be interested in buying the controller. From you. Would like to get everything together soon tho.
    Also I was going to ask you if you have a v2 pump assembly with bad pumps laying around. I thought I seen you post something saying your v2 went out and just got the zl1 to replace it. If that's true I'm also interested in that. Haha
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where you got the idea I was selling the controller.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Your post yesterday said I'll be putting it up for sale.
    I assumed you were talking about the controller still and not the car.
    My apologies on the confusion.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Did they get it all sorted out?
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you're selling it. But you've had a long and bumpy road with it, so I for one understand. Too bad you couldn't find a good shop to make it right for you. I've had the exact opposite experience with mine on the other hand and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I think I've had good luck with it and plan on driving it until it breaks. It's got 48k on it and 38K with the SC/cam and encountered no major issues.

Good luck moving forward.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage