Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: ** custom exhaust help **

Post Thanks / Like

Default ** custom exhaust help **

Bought the manga flow tru x-pipe 12468 to mellow down my exhaust a little bit, ( manzo lts-no cats to regular x-pipe then straight piped to solos. Problem is 2 shops I went to are saying I’ll have a figment issue trying to put the 12468 where the x-pipe is in the tunnel brace, anyone else have any insight? Also say ground clearance is a problem? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jordanjhines View Post
    Bought the manga flow tru x-pipe 12468 to mellow down my exhaust a little bit, ( manzo lts-no cats to regular x-pipe then straight piped to solos. Problem is 2 shops I went to are saying I’ll have a figment issue trying to put the 12468 where the x-pipe is in the tunnel brace, anyone else have any insight? Also say ground clearance is a problem? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
    14153 is what I have in mine. Cost a pretty penny to have done, but the fit is great and the sound is exactly what I wanted.

I don't know that a random quick fix exhaust shop would be where I'd take it. I ended up using a shop that fabricates full exhausts, cages, headers, etc.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a pic. Its a 4" in/out that the split the xpipe and put in between.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

do you have any clearance issues at all, the 12468 is what a lot of people use, might have to take it to a full exhaust shop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jordanjhines View Post
    do you have any clearance issues at all, the 12468 is what a lot of people use, might have to take it to a full exhaust shop
    Mine will hit the tunnel brace on a bump, if I removed the brace itd be silent. As it rests, it's 1/2" above the BMR brace I've got. No contact on regular driving.

Its more work than the 468 because mine is a single in/out and required some metal work more than just welding it in.
    2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Mine will hit the tunnel brace on a bump, if I removed the brace itd be silent. As it rests, it's 1/2" above the BMR brace I've got. No contact on regular driving.

Its more work than the 468 because mine is a single in/out and required some metal work more than just welding it in.
    Pad it with exhaust wrap?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

You will be fine. Just find a good shop.
    I shortened up a 5x11 and layed it above the brace.
    I would recommend them making a hanger in that are so you don't have the problem like stl has.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

I welded a magnaflow 12468 onto my stock exhaust, I removed the brace and ran without it for a few years, no issues. I only scraped the muffler a handful of times and only after I lowered it and only in parking garages or on speed bumps.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Post Thanks / Like
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the pic will use that for reference