Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Convert Pontiac g8 into Chevy SS

Post Thanks / Like

I see the OP who joined in 2010 hasn't posted back up.
    Maybe he popped back up, saw his shadow and we're gonna have 8 more years of silence.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    I see the OP who joined in 2010 hasn't posted back up.
    Maybe he popped back up, saw his shadow and we're gonna have 8 more years of silence.
    LOL!!!

2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I am taking all the SS guts and putting them in a 14 Caprice PPV. What that is is VF platform to WN platform. There are a lot of similarities and the many of the parts swap right over into the same place and same mounting points.

What you are talking about is going from VF to VE and that is a big undertaking as they moved stuff like the BCM to a different place HVAC internals look to be different, just lots of structural changes between those platforms.

I personally think you could do it but the time and effort is too much and the better a job you do the less it will look any different from a standard SS you could outright buy anyway.

I mean for me to make a PPV look like an SS is a big differentiator. But a G8 to an SS only some nutcases like you and me would actually notice the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds to be a very expensive conversion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smwalker View Post
    I am taking all the SS guts and putting them in a 14 Caprice PPV. What that is is VF platform to WN platform. There are a lot of similarities and the many of the parts swap right over into the same place and same mounting points.
    Post pictures of your progress!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is possible, I personally know someone who bought a totaled SS and gutted his 09 G8 GT regardless of the GM BS about the SS being a completely different car everything on a SS will fit the G8. I currently have a windshield from a 2014 SS in my 09 due to a stupid gravel truck. Some welding of a few extra mounting brackets the SS has will be required.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention with the exception of rear bumper, Tail lights and trunk lid. everything forward of that will interchange. A friend of mine the front and rear seats from a SS in his GXP.

Post Thanks / Like

Big difference between seats and dash, wiring, module operating systems, sensor conversions, and so on.
    I do believe the a piller on the g8 and ss are different so fender fitment will suck.
    I just seen a 14 with 70k for $24k.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone point me in the right direction to contact Crazy Paul? I'm trying to get my hands on some parts from Down under!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy Paul Has retired few years back your best source is OPG parts