Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Cortex 2950 questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cortex 2950 questions

i had the Cortex 2950 on my G8 but i decided to sell it. i removed the tune, hooked it up to my work truck to make sure it works(didnt tune). also plugged it in computer to make sure it was update before i shipped it. The buyer got it but is reporting it doesnt work. Doesnt come on when plugged in the obdii port. does come on when plugged in to the computer via usb cable but computer doesnt see it. im starting to think he might try to swap it with a nonworking 2950. i know the tuner keeps the vin on it until the next tune. any thoughts on this? i've had the tuner for 6 months and had not an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d tell him to download Spark from the Superchips site and see if it’ll update or work.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you happen to note the serial number before you sent it?
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

yes he said he downloaded Spark and it wouldnt connect. I had no issues connecting before i boxed it up. It also showed it was up to date. I do have the serial number. but its been 3 days since i last heard from him so who knows.