Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Help replacing clock spring

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help replacing clock spring

My g8 gt with 70k has the airbag light on with codes b0012 and b0013. Took it to a dealer for a better diagnostic, and the tech said the tool indicated an issue with the driver's airbag and/or the clock spring. Tried a used g8 driver's airbag I got on ebay, and the light is still there, which leaves the clockspring being the culprit (the light did turn on when I was turning initially, so it makes sense)

Anyone have any info on replacing these? I've seen mentions of calibration needed. It seems fairly easy to get to, but I don't want to cause future problems. Would like to save $500 by skipping the dealer.

Thanks

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought one online and took it to the dealer. I think it was 1 or 2 hours labor they charged me.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have this exact same problem - anyone do the calibration themselves?
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes