Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: '14 Town & Country new TPMS issues

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Default '14 Town & Country new TPMS issues

I put new wheels/tires/TPMS on our van this weekend. They came as a mounted package from CarID. The tire light blinks after starting the van, then stays solid after a minute, and there's a constant message to service the TPMS system in the DIC. I drove the van a few times for about 20 minutes and the behavior didn't change. I left the van in the driveway, a good 40 feet from the old set & original TPMS to avoid confusing it, unhooked the battery for almost an hour, then went for a 45 minute highway drive but it didn't help. After the drive, I let air out of each tire, one at a time and watched the pressure readout in the DIC. The rear two acted fine. The front two appear to be assigned to the wrong side. The readouts changed like they should have, but for the opposite side. What can I try to fix this? I can swap the fronts around, but I have a feeling there is some other issue. These vans have a TPMS system that is supposed to learn/reset itself. There doesn't appear to be a procedure to force a relearn like our G8.

It's a 2014 Chrysler Town & Country Touring L, BTW.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Try leaving the key on but do not move it for 20-30 minutes to see if the system resends the correct signals back to the system.

Have you tried pulling the fuse and resetting?
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll try leaving the power on this evening. I did unhook the battery for a while, but I'll try the fuse too, if there is one.

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

So last night, I pulled the TPMS/etc fuse and left the van keyed on until it timed out. Then cycled the power again before putting the fuse back in, the letting it sit keyed on again. The wife drove it this morning and the tire light went away. The service engine light was on though. I'll figure that out after work. But I think that might have done the trick.

BTW, I tried to thank/like your post, but those buttons don't seem to be working for me.

Winter-wear:

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries

Hopefully it works out for good!

The CEL is probably something like the gas cap haha

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I got two codes. Both indicated loss of communication with things related to that fuse. There are several systems that run through it. I cleared them and they haven't come back.

Winter-wear:

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news!