Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Thrown a couple codes today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thrown a couple codes today

Hey guys.. I threw a couple codes today out of the blue ..P0102 MAF sensor low circuit freq. & P0101 MAF sensor Performance. Plus O2 rear sensor codes P2271 & P2272.

G8 has 34k on her. Checked everything. Have not driven it hard just a scoot here and there.

Any reason why this might of happened? Should I clear them and wait and see?
    I was thinking about cleaning the MAF Sensor and reinstalling it and clearing the codes to see if they come back.

Thanks
    Mark
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with clearing them and see what happens.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Drive it more... You need to get your mileage above mine hahaha.

Yes, I'd clear and see what's what. Car run fine?
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Clean the sensor, check for vacuum leaks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    I'd go with clearing them and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Drive it more... You need to get your mileage above mine hahaha.
    Yes, I'd clear and see what's what. Car run fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by jstclair View Post
    Clean the sensor, check for vacuum leaks

Fred I went ahead and cleaned the MAF and cleared the codes.

LMAO!! Pete a couple of my buddies yelled at me and said drive the fucking thing more mark and maybe it will run better.

The car has been running rough ..hesitating a little when I hit the gas Or just start off from a red light slowly it sometimes hesitated.

I have mass air flow cleaner so I sprayed it down..but before I did I checked for any vacuum leaks. I couldn't find anything that might of caused it .

I had a job interview this morning So far nothing came back on it just could've been a dirty MAF sensor.

Some people are telling me to change the plugs/wires even though I only have 34k ..Should I throw a pair of OEM plugs in again just for shits and giggles for the hesitation?
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"