Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Dead Pedal - 2 Scenarios

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dead Pedal - 2 Scenarios

I have upgraded from my 2008 base model to a 2009.5 GT (65k miles, CAI, Axlebacks). Car runs and drives amazing 99.9% of the time. There have been 2 times where I have completely lost throttle response while driving.

The first scenario, I was close to being due to an oil change and was playing around with a subaru. While in manual mode i hit it back into drive and quickly back into sport mode. once back into sport mode my dash lit up saying to service engine oil and i had absolutely no throttle response what so ever. Pulled the car off to the side of the road, re-started the engine 3 times before throttle response came back, had no issues the rest of my hour long trip to and from my destination and there after for about a month.

The second scenario, i was driving home, not in sport mode, stepped on it to do a quick pull next to a 370Z, realized they were turning so i quickly let out of the pedal. My car shifted down, engaged hard, and then up-shifted back to cruising rpms. From there i had about 1/10th of the trottle response as normal. With the pedal straight to the floor it took about 10 seconds to get to 30 mph. Pulled over, turned off the car, turned it back on and the problem was gone.

Has anyone else encountered these issues before?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure it impacts this, but the car came with a TRUXp tuner which supposidly is a knock-off superchips brand tuner where i was running an 87 tune with WOT shift points higher, shift torque @ 75% truxp value, and AFM off.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd put it back to stock and try to replicate.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader