Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Gauges over the radio

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gauges over the radio

Here is a new question .
    I´ve been looking in youtube channel videos from g8s. Some of them have gauges for oil pressure, and voltmeter over the radio and air outputs. Have this only 08 g8s? I have a 09 model and come only in engineering mode to it. Can it be, there is nothing in the gauge cover, or does mine not work? I´ve lighted with a lamp in the cover, but it looks, like there is only plastic, no monitor.
    Greetings Bernhard.

Post Thanks / Like

You can retrofit the gauges from an 08 if you can find them and the proper harness. You will have to get them programmed to your vehicle. Might be better to get an aftermarket gauge kit from JHP, or search eBay.au
    Use the search function to look up 3 and 5 gauge pods that members here have installed.
    Pretty sure you can still get a 3 gauge setup, but haven't seen a 5 gauge cluster in quite a while.

Sadly, our best source for these and other hard to get parts retired from the forum some time ago and is greatly missed.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevybernie View Post
    Here is a new question .
    I´ve been looking in youtube channel videos from g8s. Some of them have gauges for oil pressure, and voltmeter over the radio and air outputs. Have this only 08 g8s? I have a 09 model and come only in engineering mode to it. Can it be, there is nothing in the gauge cover, or does mine not work? I´ve lighted with a lamp in the cover, but it looks, like there is only plastic, no monitor.
    Greetings Bernhard.
    These gauges are known as the "Atari Gauges". Only introduced in the '08 models. There is a hacked set of Atari gauges that has 3 parameters. You can even use Google to find this information.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for quick answer.
    No i know, that my car has nothing. For me is the engineering mode enough. I only thought, if it has, that it does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    These gauges are known as the "Atari Gauges". Only introduced in the '08 models. There is a hacked set of Atari gauges that has 3 parameters. You can even use Google to find this information.

Post Thanks / Like

So it's not plug and play if you get the gauges from the 08?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainmal View Post
    So it's not plug and play if you get the gauges from the 08?
    Yes they are plug and play. You will need the gauges and harness, the plug is on the driver's side of the radio cage behind the inside kick panel. If you get them though you should go ahead and get them reprogrammed so you have 3 gauges instead of two.

2009.5 G8 GXP SRM 6MT
    -Kooks 1-7/8 LT, 3" Solo, RotoFab CAI, Full Zeta II suspension with BCs, 3.91 1LE diff, Monster LT1-S & Tick Master Cylinder