Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: OEM Factory Rack and Inno Fork Lock 3 bike rails

Post Thanks / Like

Default OEM Factory Rack and Inno Fork Lock 3 bike rails

This is he set up I used for my trip to Watkins Glen for the IMSA 6 Hours race

OEM roof rack
    Fit and finish are OEM quality. The only issue I had was when the cars are built, there maybe excess sealant in the attachment points. I followed the directions to clean that up and they snapped on with ease. Once the 2 sliders engage the attachment points, there is a lever that tightens up the roof rack, then a plastic cover flips down, and a keys lock. Very effective, very sturdy. Minimal wind noise and does not look bad at all. Ordered through Pace Performance, very quick delivery.

Inno Fork Lock III -- 100 Bucks each with free shipping at autoanything
    Pros - Light weight, Very secure lock for the forks with a snap down cover that locks the forks to the rack. Brushed aluminum rails with metal fork attachment solid and secure. can reverse the fork lock lever and rear strap to be accessable from passenger or driver side. The attachment clamps are just large enough to work with the OEM Rack. Took some check fitting but once secured, they were very solid. Likewise since I bought 2, requested the same key code for both, made that easier so one keys locks both.

Cons - the plastic strap to secure the rear wheel could eventually need to be replaced in a few years as again a sort of flexible plastic but it is thick. Can be used on most OEM racks IE. my wifes Durango if needed.

Drove 4 hours at speeds of 70 plus to Watkins Glenn with not any indication of movement, wobble etc. from the bikes. First stop I checked and based on that, never needed to think about it again. Had to do a panic stop on Route 17 near Rosco NY on the way home as Bambi decided to run across when I was doing 70 and never noticed the bikes on the roof. Carried a Specialized 26 MTB Mine and a Cannondale 27.5 MTB for my son. Bikes are both light so again a heavier bike may effect impressions. Bikes were easy on and easy off.
    08 GT MGM Onyx/Red Premium
    Winter 225/55/17
    Summer 245/40/19
    Kook Mids, Green Cats and Solo Mach Unbalanced
    RotoFab
    Maverick Man CF Spoiler
    Tuned by East Coast Superchargers

Post Thanks / Like

Pics??
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, 5.4 meg JPEG, shows rack , bike rails and 2 bikes on it, Wont let me upload the pic though, trying to find a way
    Winter 225/55/17
    Summer 245/40/19
    Kook Mids, Green Cats and Solo Mach Unbalanced
    RotoFab
    Maverick Man CF Spoiler
    Tuned by East Coast Superchargers

Post Thanks / Like

Pic for info

Trying this for first time

Winter 225/55/17