Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Exhaust help in Phoenix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Exhaust help in Phoenix

I need to add cats to pass emissions. Someone in Phoenix recommend a shop or could help me out with this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

It should only be a gas cap and OBDII readiness check. They usually don't do a visual check on cats, but I've heard of a few people that said they break out mirrors and get nosy underneath.

My welding tank is empty but you're welcome to take a long drive up to Surprise and burn a couple in, I just need to get some argon.

You can also just tack weld a couple of cat shields on if you don't want to actually weld on some cats. Like I said it's just a readiness check and maybe a chance you get a visual looking for the cats.
    Last edited by gatorayde; 07-05-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
    It should only be a gas cap and OBDII readiness check. They usually don't do a visual check on cats, but I've heard of a few people that said they break out mirrors and get nosy underneath.

My welding tank is empty but you're welcome to take a long drive up to Surprise and burn a couple in, I just need to get some argon.

You can also just tack weld a couple of cat shields on if you don't want to actually weld on some cats. Like I said it's just a readiness check and maybe a chance you get a visual looking for the cats.
    Looks like I need to investigate this further.
    They clamp on ,no welding according to the guy I spoke to at ARH

2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Even easier then, you're welcome to use my shop to clamp em on. But yeah as long as you aren't throwing any codes and your O2/EVAP mointors are ready, youl pass the OBDII test. If they get really nosy, they might look underneath but that's your call. You pay $30 and I think you get 3 tries to pass the full test.

Ive been here 9 months and still have IL plates so let me know how it goes. I need to get all my rides registered/smogged here finally.. lol..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    Looks like I need to investigate this further.
    They clamp on ,no welding according to the guy I spoke to at ARH

I may just try to get by then. I already have a Arizona drivers license,so I can't really bs my way out of "I just moved here" also my insurance sent me a letter stating my car does not show up in AZ. I will let you know. Thanks again for the offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Exhaust help in Phoenix

I hate to bump an old thread but,I am looking for information about the Phoenix area. There is a possibility of my wife and I moving to this area