Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have these rims?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    You are gonna need some leaf springs and a set of ladder bars!
    lmao ..the infamous ladder bars
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    lmao ..the infamous ladder bars
    Had the bars on my '69 Chevelle SS back in the day..they worked took all of the wheel hop away. It rode like a flat bed but they looked cool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyGT View Post
    Had the bars on my '69 Chevelle SS back in the day..they worked took all of the wheel hop away. It rode like a flat bed but they looked cool
    LOL!!

Yeah ..my brother who is old school has them on his 68 Firebird

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

All the young guys on here are like, "Ladder bars? WHUT?"
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember how they would cause the rear of the car to jack up and rise when leaving the line? My, we have come a long way in understanding weight transfer since then.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I can see them now like

Remember how they would cause the rear of the car to jack up and rise when leaving the line? My, we have come a long way in understanding weight transfer since then.
    Its amazing when you think about how they were the new tech at one point. They still do their job but like you said Tony we came a long way to whats available now.

I was going to put up a pic of my brothers firebird but you cannot see them too well so here is an example for all you younger guys ..you can see it stick out a little in front of the rear wheels.

AS15_r0383_02.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I'm only 35 but I know exactly what they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    I'm only 35 but I know exactly what they are

LOL.. yes you are younger than me ..13 years but your not these 18-25 year olds that dont have a clue.You know a lot about cars!

Hope all is well with you brother. How is the SS these days. I seen you once last month I think ..your the only person I know that has that color ...in CT! lol!

Post Thanks / Like

I probably am the only one with that color in CT, yeah. All the others at Terryville went out of state. Everything is good, just had our second boy few days ago so readjusting to having a baby again.

Whereabouts did you see me?

2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    I probably am the only one with that color in CT, yeah. All the others at Terryville went out of state. Everything is good, just had our second boy few days ago so readjusting to having a baby again.

Whereabouts did you see me?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Good for you guys!

I know Dan MIEngineer came out and purchased one from there.

I think it was on 91 .. I was with the wife in my G8 I kept pointing at your car and saying I wonder if that is Slizzo?
    My wife was like watch the frigging road!!! LOL!