Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Vapor lock/ heat soak

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vapor lock/ heat soak

I've been experiencing this situation only when it gets hot and the car has been running for a while. I have ceramic coated longtubes and have been running the car only short distances. I've read a bunch of things that were posted years ago, but wondered if anybody actually came up with a solution. I've heard flipping the fuel rails, wrapping the fuel lines etc, but want to know what else is out there. It loves to kick and sputter after sitting. Ruled out the fuel pump is fine. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Very doubtfull its vapor lock unless you are carbureted, easiest thing first is leave a fuel press. Gauge on while it sits hot soaking, if it drops slowly after a while, turn key to on not starting and watch fuel press. rise, if it rises erratically slow, the regulator on fuel pump or check valve in pump is failing. If press.comes up quickly, a leaking injector usually as you will see on a scanner with the O2s reading very high till engine smoothes out
    2009.5 G8 GT Maverick Silver;Sport/Prem,Sunroof, Nav kit,
    Vararam,Holden badge kit, Kooks 1 7/8, VMS Tuned
    2009 White Hot/Red G8 GT;Sport/Prem,Sunroof, Nav kit,,Holden badges,Kooks 1 7/8, Maggie TVS 1900,VMS Tuned. Injection is great but i love being blown!
    2001 Trans Am WS6 NBM/Camel, 6spd. 21K Miles
    2001 G/P GT= beater