Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: DIY VIM unlock, enable Reverse Cam for v9, and other radio tweaks

Post Thanks / Like

Phil,

I accidentally unlocked "HMS" one time too during my search for Reverse Cam. It was quite odd. No clue what HMS was.

Glad to see you got it worked out. I know certain bin files had some bytes shifted left or right, and some were in the same offset regardless. I recall Reverse Cam offsets being the same on all though.

Thanks for attaching your bin file. Yours is the first I've seen with 00/00 in the offsets instead of 00/02 or FF/00, so I'll update my file.
    18362549_10213035724316858_1199090150_o.jpg
    Last edited by HoLLo; 05-17-2017 at 10:15 PM.

2. Likes Phil@PnP Tech liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    That is for the Holden Massage System. It was usually fitted to very upmarket Luminas for the middle east. It allows you to communicate messages through the radio to tell the massaging seats what to do. If you can figure out the happy endings code I am sure there will be much interest from that region on that. Unfortunately the US G8s do not come with the proper seats for any of it to work.
    My wife already thinks I spend enough time with the car! I was hoping it was something like Holden Motorsports. If you want to change anything on your radio, you are welcome to use my stuff or I can do it for you.
    Phillip M.
    09.5 SBM GT Sports/Premium/Roof

Engine: Stock Bottom End
    Heads: Stock, LS3 Intake, LY6 Exhaust, Milled
    Cam: BTR IV PD
    Intake: Stock Intake, Stock TB, LS7 MAF, Volant CAI
    Exhaust: 1-7/8 Kooks LT's, Off-Road Pipes, Corsa cat-back
    Fuel: Fore Twin Ti 450's, Vaporworx, E85, Bosch Injectors
    Drivetrain: 6L80, Sonnax
    Suspension: BMR 15" Strange Coilovers
    Wheels/Tires: 15x10 RT-S on 275/60R15 Pro's, 17x5 Weld on M/T 28"
    Ported LSA Blower, 9.55/2.55, 102 TB, Chiller

High Compression/Boost/E85

4. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I completed the rear aux cable build today. The guide has been updated to include all the information for it. The link remains the same.

I tested it out by casting from my phone using Google Maps real quick, but I'm going to buy a touch screen overlay and standalone Android box with a GPS receiver to run permanently in the car.

Also, my camera hasn't arrived yet, so I hooked up my phone input to the Reverse Cam cable and put it in Reverse, and you can see the phone input in the background, so it works! Just need a real camera installed now.
    Last edited by HoLLo; 05-18-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    | Tim R. | 09 MGM G8 GT | 01 SOM Trans Am WS6 |

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

wow it has guide lines from the factory amazing

Post Thanks / Like

Hellz Yeah!!! DIY VIM success. At least I think it works. Can't fully test until my VIM cables get here, but the auto switching reverse works. Just need a camera now.

Much respect to @HoLLo for the R&D on this DIY. Cheers brotha!!!

Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

8. Likes -Ray-, HoLLo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: I figured out how to unlock XM "Theftlock" for when XM modules are swapped out. Your VIN is stored inside the XM module, and will not work if the VIN is incorrect, for example: swapping your module out with a used one from another vehicle. You have to change 6 bytes to the last 6 digits of your VIN. This should apply to nearly ALL GM vehicles with XM, not just G8s. No need to cut Pin 8 or ship it out for service, just flash a new VIN. Next step: buying an 08 radio and flashing XM capabilities from an 09. That one will take more time though, I don't have access to an 08 radio/faceplate right now.

The EEPROM chip inside an XM module is a 24C08 chip, and can be used with the exact same clip and programmer used in the radio reprogramming guide. Offsets 118 to 11D are the VIN locations, just the last 6 digits of your VIN. ONSTAR and 09.5 Bluetooth modules should be pretty much identical for the VIN lock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HoLLo; 05-22-2017 at 05:49 AM.

10. Thanks TooManyHobbies thanked for this post
    Likes -Ray-, terryscott621 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got my reverse camera installed today. I used the Esky 170-11 (no guidelines version). It's a nice little camera. Great quality, and barely noticeable from the rear. The hardest part was just running the wires from the trunk lid into the cabin through the little rubber boot on the trunk hinge. Other than that, pretty straight forward. The power is ran into the reverse light wires, light green for 12v power, and black for ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Default HOW TO: DIY VIM unlock, enable Reverse Cam for v9, and other radio tweaks

How did you mount it? Did you screw into the trunk? I ordered the same camera and was thinking about trying some double sided 3m tape first to see if it would hold. I really don't want to drill into the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terryscott621 View Post
    Hellz Yeah!!! DIY VIM success. At least I think it works. Can't fully test until my VIM cables get here, but the auto switching reverse works. Just need a camera now.

Much respect to @HoLLo for the R&D on this DIY. Cheers brotha!!!

Excellent!
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

I got my VIM cables today. Tested them out to make sure everything works. I just need that reverse camera hooked up now.

Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

15. Thanks TA427 thanked for this post
    Likes TA427, -Ray- liked this post