Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price spread between regular and premium

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Price spread between regular and premium

With no real advertising as to why, the price spread between 87 and 91 or 93 has really gained ground. 70 cents is the norm anymore. Saw 90 yesterday. And it's all E10 I'm looking at. I can't ignore it anymore. I'm tuning back to 87...

When you get the SC Cortex tunes for Rotofab, do you get all the octane levels, or do you need to buy the regular and premium versions separate? I haven't looked at my tuner in a long time.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Same in Michigan.
    When I started mods, spread between regular and premium was at most 18 cents. Now it's 60 to 70 cents.
    It's bad enough the sons of bitches jack with the overall price of regular on a weekly basis, but they got under the radar with the gasoline grade spread.
    F'em
    I went e85
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly wealthy people cars use premium, I'm guessing they've gotten wise to it and jacked the price up. I only use it in my G8, so no biggie, but would suck if my DD needed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked today! 2.25 for 87 3.25 for 93! Damn!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Just looked today! 2.25 for 87 3.25 for 93! Damn!

Holy shit, that's a huge spread! Unbelievable.

It's $2.39 for regular and $2.99 for premium here. What's crazy is if you go down the road 15 mins it's $2.19 and $2.57.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    Holy shit, that's a huge spread! Unbelievable.

It's $2.39 for regular and $2.99 for premium here. What's crazy is if you go down the road 15 mins it's $2.19 and $2.57.
    This was Shell so top tier. We have cheaper fuel but at a risk. The G8 only gets Shell.

7. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    This was Shell so top tier. We have cheaper fuel but at a risk. The G8 only gets Shell.

Still, the local Shell station is $2.27/$2.94. I know how you feel. My cars only see Mobil 93. If I didn't have a Mobil nearby it would be Shell.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

87 Rotofab tune applied. Getting its first tank of 87 in years in the morning...

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Since Shell started its buy 8 gallons of premium get $.01 off per gallon, the price of premium when up $.02.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Filled up at Shell this morning. 13.468 gallons of 87 equals $9.43 saved already.

Winter-wear: