Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Start

Post Thanks / Like

Checked all the fuses yesterday, Ray. None were bad, relays seem to power up when ignition is switched on. Should have added that info in.
    Just keep getting message and won't crank.
    Tried a simple hand held code reader, and comes up "link error" after trying to communicate with vehicle.
    Just seems odd that we were able to retune a new ECU after the gauges were in and now this
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Little more info
    Gauges were installed in June 2016, approx 17,000 miles. Car has been flawless since then except two minor glitches.
    One was when I signed up for the 3 month free Onstar. Later in June, same year, they did a remote diagnostic and said it was unsuccessful because something aftermarket was attached to the diagnostic port. I didn't pay much attention to it because the car was running well, and it was remote.
    Other time was after starting, I got some warnings and dings all sorts of stuff on the DIC, shut it off and restarted and all was fine.
    In May 2016, installed flex fuel components from Pace along with new VIN matched ECU from Greg as the old one was Vector locked. Bench tuned it and installed it, then dyno tuned no problem. Everything must have communicated then...
    Car has run great for 1000 miles now this

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8eraid View Post
    Could be a power or ground connection, battery going out, starter, alternator, engine immobilizer etc. Make sure the shifter is fully in park, Is the starter not cranking at all? Can also be the starter relay

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I had odd "haunted" activity and it was my battery dying slowly.
    I also had a "loose" ground connection at the battery.
    When I installed the Maggie - I recall getting some similar messaging and ....it was the body control module (was not making good contact)
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

New battery 5/2015, always tendered
    More about BCM?? Did you lose communication also?

Post Thanks / Like

Got it!
    Pulled the 5 gauge pod. Really easy when you have CP's kit. It's separate from the lower piece on the stack so the radio center stack and console are left alone. I do have to out the glovebox and lower driver's side on though.
    Unplugged the cable that connects the OBD port to the gauges(speedhut uses a stereo cable).
    No funny DIC, she fired right up, and the little scanner made contact.
    Now I just have to figure out the gauge problem with the ones that are canbus. Looking at the cable first.

"It's Alive!!"

Thank you all

6. Likes -Ray-, LDM, STL_G8GT liked this post
    VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a Speedhut CANBUS gauge pretty much disable my car as well. Basically reduced power mode.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    I had a Speedhut CANBUS gauge pretty much disable my car as well. Basically reduced power mode.
    I'm having a similar problem where I have tons of issues with OBDII plugged in but fine without it. Is that how it went for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Have PM's to both of you.
    Thank you and everyone who chimed in

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was the CANBUS oil pressure gauge. All kinds of intermittent weird issues. Ended up having to trailer it back from North Carolina because of it. The gauge was/is hardwired to the CANBUS in the dash directly. Once I pulled the CANBUS plug out of the back of the gauge the issues went away. Speedhut replaced the gauge under warranty. I have not had any issues since, but know where the wire is directly under an easy to remove access panel. If I have issue again that wire will be cut!

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    got it!
    Pulled the 5 gauge pod. Really easy when you have cp's kit. It's separate from the lower piece on the stack so the radio center stack and console are left alone. I do have to out the glovebox and lower driver's side on though.
    Unplugged the cable that connects the obd port to the gauges(speedhut uses a stereo cable).
    No funny dic, she fired right up, and the little scanner made contact.
    Now i just have to figure out the gauge problem with the ones that are canbus. Looking at the cable first.

"it's alive!!"

thank you all
    way to go!!!
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads